F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a misfire #2 cylinder I changed the plugs 10000 miles ago at the 100000 mile maintiance. So I figured I would change the coil packs. Changed them truck ran poorly. I got 0351, 0352, 0353, 0354, 0355 codes. Pulled the new coils and put the olds ones back in truck ran better. So here is my question could the new coil packs be the wrong ones and I now can not clear the codes but the check engine light has not come back on. Help

·
Registered
747 Posts
You might check the part numbers on your coils and make sure. None of us can do that for you. You bought them. You have the parts. If I drop 250 dollars or more, I make damn sure it's the right thing before I buy. It's not like buying a cup of coffee. The codes you should clear if the problem isn't still happening. Just because it runs good to you doesn't mean a misfire condition is not present.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What brand of coils did you buy. Aftermarket ones cause all kinds of grief.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might check the part numbers on your coils and make sure. None of us can do that for you. You bought them. You have the parts. If I drop 250 dollars or more, I make damn sure it's the right thing before I buy. It's not like buying a cup of coffee. The codes you should clear if the problem isn't still happening. Just because it runs good to you doesn't mean a misfire condition is not present.
Wow why did I not think of that. Guess I am not as smart as you. Maybe I should have purchased coffee maybe it would have made the coils work. Thanks for the education.

·
Registered
42 Posts
found your problem! Eccpp electronic parts are 💩! I’ve had people want me to install Eccpp parts let’s just say I had to do the job several times cause the parts kept failing! Do not use any eccpp part!

·
Registered
433 Posts
While the $ hurt, Ford or Furrion COPs (OEM Manufacturer) are your best bet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I got a misfire #2 cylinder I changed the plugs 10000 miles ago at the 100000 mile maintiance. So I figured I would change the coil packs. Changed them truck ran poorly. I got 0351, 0352, 0353, 0354, 0355 codes. Pulled the new coils and put the olds ones back in truck ran better. So here is my question could the new coil packs be the wrong ones and I now can not clear the codes but the check engine light has not come back on. Help
You might want to change the spark plug boot. I had the same problem and it turned out to be the boot. It just presses onto the coil. You can get it on Rock Auto for about $6. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts