F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this? I am thinking about going with Autospring 2" level kit and bigger tires, but using the stock rims and 1- 1.5 inch wheel spacers.. what are the groups thoughts? 2013 FX4 Black on Black with the 20 rims.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has anyone tried this? I am thinking about going with Autospring 2" level kit and bigger tires, but using the stock rims and 1- 1.5 inch wheel spacers.. what are the groups thoughts? 2013 FX4 Black on Black with the 20 rims.
I am lifting my truck 6 inches I have spoken to a place down here called DV8 (look them up they build some pretty sick trucks down here in South Florida) and I have also spoken to a few other places as well all you need is 1.25 spacers you should be good with bigger tires that's what I'm doing when I do my 6 inch lift I like my stock black rims. I think they'll give it the perfect offset for our stock rims as far as function and looks also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am running a 1.3" spacer right now with the factory rims and a 2" hell bent steel leveling kit. I 1.3" spacer is the smallest you can run without trimming the factory wheel studs which I did not want to do at all. I now run 35's with my setup. I took a little bit of trimming but I am very very happy with it. Here are a few pics.

Before the spacers

The spacer itself

Then after the tires are mounted

I also had the new lugs matched to the factory ones so I could use my factory lug nuts. I didn't want to go fooling around with aftermarket lugs. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
My brother is running an autospring 2" level with 275/70/18 Nitto trail grapplers on XD monsters.

I'm running a hell bent steel 2" level with 305/55/20 Nitto trail grapplers on XD bombs.

i do not believe you could fit a tire larger than either of these without the spacers. In my case, the spacers would not help because it isn't a matter of spacing the interior but a matter of spacing with the front bumper and rear fender wells in front. (Rears will clear with no issue)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fast Willy, where did you get the spacers from and how much did they cost? I haven't found any less than 1.5 except .5 and smaller. I like it!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
A-DAPT-IT USA Wheel Adapters They will make any size you want but the lady who helped me was named ginger and she was super informative and definetly knew her stuff. like I said I told here I didn't want to to trim the factory lugs, I wanted to use the factory lug nuts again and with the same matching bolt pattern. They were great. A little bit expensive at $277 shipped to my door for the set of 4 but They are made of very nice billet aluminum and seem very very strong.

My issue wasn't with the tire being to tall at 35" they are simply to wide. In the front it would rub on the upper control arms and when flexing in the rear it would give me a slight rubbing on the shocks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My brother is running an autospring 2" level with 275/70/18 Nitto trail grapplers on XD monsters.

I'm running a hell bent steel 2" level with 305/55/20 Nitto trail grapplers on XD bombs.

i do not believe you could fit a tire larger than either of these without the spacers. In my case, the spacers would not help because it isn't a matter of spacing the interior but a matter of spacing with the front bumper and rear fender wells in front. (Rears will clear with no issue)

Kc3,
did your brother use the add-a-leaf lift for his truck? Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A-DAPT-IT USA Wheel Adapters They will make any size you want but the lady who helped me was named ginger and she was super informative and definetly knew her stuff. like I said I told here I didn't want to to trim the factory lugs, I wanted to use the factory lug nuts again and with the same matching bolt pattern. They were great. A little bit expensive at $277 shipped to my door for the set of 4 but They are made of very nice billet aluminum and seem very very strong.

My issue wasn't with the tire being to tall at 35" they are simply to wide. In the front it would rub on the upper control arms and when flexing in the rear it would give me a slight rubbing on the shocks.
I got my adapters/ spacers for half that... and went with the 2" level kit.. very happy with it so far, still running stock tires.. looking at the general grabber 305/ 55/ R20 right now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QtyPriceGrand Total
6135-6135HLWheel Adapter 6 Lug 135 To 6 Lug 135 Hub Centric (Pair)
[Thickness Option:1.5" Thick]
[Studs Thread Option:14x2.0 Thread Studs (Default)]
2 $84.95 $169.90

·
Registered
329 Posts
I really love the look with the lift and the tires. What would you guys recommend with a 4 inch lift? I want to go with 33"s or 35"s on the tires with 18 inch rims.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I really love the look with the lift and the tires. What would you guys recommend with a 4 inch lift? I want to go with 33"s or 35"s on the tires with 18 inch rims.
I think 35's with the 4" lift. I have a 1.5" level kit and run 33's, so I think those would look a bit small for what your planning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2inch level is running 35s def go with 35s

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you run a 2" level kit with 33x12.5x20 tires on factory platinum wheels you don't need a wheel spacer, correct?

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you run a 2" level kit with 33x12.5x20 tires on factory platinum wheels you don't need a wheel spacer, correct?
No spacer needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2inch level is running 35s def go with 35s
Are you still running this set up and like it? No issues?

I just put a 2.5" RC level and 35s on my factory 20s and I still rub at 3/4 turn while in reverse. I've been researching spacers and most everybody's opinion is negative. My local shop suggested the .25" or .5" spacer that goes on over the existing lugs. I see most people choosing the type of spacer you have, but I don't necessarily need to go that far to clear my problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm new to this forum. I joined as a result of a google search on this topic. I have a 2010 Ford F150 XLT that I purchased new and have recently added a Performance Accessories 3" body lift, L305/60/18 MT Baja ATZ's on my stock rims, and a Ready Lift 2" XD leveling kit. Like many married with children,I don't have the same toy budget as the good ol days. Instead of pricy new rims, I'm considering spacers. Has anyone experienced any mechanical issues, or tire wear issues by using spacers?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same set up you have currently devtek09. I own a 2012 EB SCAB with a 2.5"inch level. I also want to know what a 1.5" or 2" inch wheel adapter will look and feel like since i beefed up the tires on my stock 18's. Can anyone confirm if this stabilizes the truck more? How difficult are they to install and maintain (i.e. break jobs etc with them on) Does anyone have some pictures they could share?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I was looking into spacers awhile back, but I found that you have to shave down the factory studs on a lot of them to get the spacers to lay flat on the hub. No thanks, I wasn't a fan of that idea.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
Btrow
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing