F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: (I haven't taken my ADD meds lately so my mind tends to daydream and wander all over the place.)

I've been wondering about a setup like the sequential turbo on the 6.4 powerstroke. I'm sure it's not practical, but what if you plumbed a large single after the two smaller turbos? Do I need to go refill my meds and keep coloring or is there something to this?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I think we should run supercharger and turbos

Raiderfan ENDURES all

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Waste of money.

More fuel

Larger turbo's....

If that doesn't satisfy you then 4.0/ported heads/cam

I promise you heads/cam would add a TON. Probably same as a TUNE would gain on a stock vehicle.

the problem is FUEL FUEL FUEL!!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
To put it to you like this. We currently have the capability of making around 700HP with the current available mods with NO way to fuel it (without getting fancy)

We need larger HPFP thats reasonably priced (I'd pay $500) and double capacity fuel pumps in tank.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
This actually happened on a C32 AMG in Dubai, someone with too much money made it happen...the supercharger on that car has a clutch in it, so they would use the supercharger for the low end torque, then have the twin turbos kick in at around 3k rpm's... ;)

AutoSpeed - Insane!
Must suck to have too much money...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
VW/Audi had a 1.4 liter in some of their models abroad that were fitted with both a supercharger and turbocharger. I think many locomotive engines also have both turbos and blowers also.

Now three turbos, one being sequential would be interesting on an eco. Sounds like an exhaust/intake piping nightmare.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figured. Like I said, I'll just shut up and color now.........ooh squirrel?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Figured. Like I said, I'll just shut up and color now.........ooh squirrel?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, not the most practical of ideas. But a man can still dream.....

Besides anything fun or cool is rarely practical.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You'd be better off sticking to two turbos and doing a sequential setup. Don't go overboard with the plumbing, its already tight in there!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
They used to supercharge and turbocharge old buses too

Raiderfan ENDURES all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
strawhatshinobi
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing