F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you do if you have 20,000 miles on your tires and runover a metal piece that shreds one tire. Buy 4 new ones or just one and have the mileage difference between the 3 and new one?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Depends on how worn the other three are

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say they are definetely worn but not near the wear bars.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This ^^^
And your budget will guide you well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would replace 2 tires on the same axle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
budget? what budget when it comes to this crap. Figure spend $600 more now and get 4 tires and never worry about something strange happening might be the best option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why do post keep appearing in the "2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost Chat" forum that have nothing to do with the 2015 Ecoboost?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Good point I never even noticed lol

Boosting hard, boosting safe since 2013

·
Registered
868 Posts
if you can buy 4 brand new tires for your truck for $600 i wouldnt see why you were hesitant on doing so.
the cheapest i have seen for my factory size tires was $193 ea and i prefer goin with the aftermarket stuff and getting away from their minivan tires for my truck.
i like something with some tread and wear rating which adds to the cost.

but on another note i have blown out several tires while doing things i probably shouldnt have been doing and i replace 2 tires as a set if i have any type of milage on them, in your case yes buy 2 or just get that set of 4 for $600 and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you do not replace all 4 then you will have to remove the bad one and bring it down off the truck.
For liability reasons there isn't a tire shop that should be replacing a tire on a 4X4 or AWD that is worn more then the spec they go by.
All 4 tires have to be within a certain amount of wear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for as much money as I've spent on the truck not worth the risk four new ones it is.
Thanks for all the comments helpful as usual.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
risk of screwing something up with the 4 wheel drive by having one smaller diameter tire. even though it's probably not nearly a big enough difference in size to hurt anything.

And wow I just realized I accidenlty posted this in the wrong section. 2015 F150? No idea what i was thinking.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
If you do not replace all 4 then you will have to remove the bad one and bring it down off the truck.
For liability reasons there isn't a tire shop that should be replacing a tire on a 4X4 or AWD that is worn more then the spec they go by.
All 4 tires have to be within a certain amount of wear.
That's absolute crap. Low air pressure on one tire doesn't effect anything on the 4wd and low air psi is enough to drop the diameter just as much as less tread. Hell most trucks I see have peeled one tire more than the other three. Never seen a 4wd breakdown due to a tire with a little less tread.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I would replace 2. Have the old tires put in the rear. Then make many videos and pictures to place in the burnout thread. Then go and get the rear tires replaced and you will have 4 new tires with only a few hundred miles difference and have a little fun.

SPPD

Reactions: Raiderfan1890
1 - 17 of 17 Posts