F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all..... just returned from a 2000 mile trip from ElPaso TX to Brownville Texas. my 2013 ego short bed with a 5th wheel hitch pulled my 28 ft. 7200 pound rig as if it was not back there. We had a small tail wind and had a going trip of 12.4 mpg. On the way home a bad head wind and only 8.9 mpg. The f250 I had gave about the same , but I'm paying a lot less for gas. On the rolling hills on I-10 it seldom dropped out of 6 th gear. On the way back about the same. We are very happy with the new rig. We set the cruise control on 65 mph and sat back and enjoyed the ride.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nice report. Glad to hear the Eco towed well. Those MPG numbers seem pretty good!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had both. I enjoy the fifth wheel more then the bummer pull. I believe it pulls easier and does not have any sway to it. My wife enjoys driving when hooked t it. She wouldn't pull the bummer pull. It is your choice. Lots of forums to choose from to get more info. Check out the good sam forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BT... Had a F250 diesel. traded it in for my current ride. Used to get the same mileage. But now I don't pay such high prices for fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts