F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RK sport has always had create quality hoods, we sell a lot of them for our Mustang crowd. They now have one of the only options for the 2009-13 F150s. This hood routes air through the "hood scoop" opening and dumps it over the intake area. Some air intakes will actually make a nice seal to the hood. The airaid ecoboost intake would probably make a nice seal, the AFE Stage 2 intake will not. Your stock grille will bolt right up this hood like it did you stock hood.

[h=1]2009-2013 F150 RK Sport Fiberglass Functional Hood[/h]

f150.jpg

f150-3-underside.jpg

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
I can't stop staring at this hood! Would you guys be able to have it painted prior to shipping?
Negative. The chances of the paint getting nicked or damaged in-transit doesn't really make it worth it. Not to mention, local paint shops can usually paint for around the same price.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Jason, what is it made of? Aluminum, fiberglass or steel?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It says fiberglass. What makes it really cool is it's actually a true functional ram air hood. Do you think you might have issues though with moisture ingestion driving in the rain?

·
Registered
888 Posts
All I can say is wow, but when in rain will it ram the water into the dry filter?

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
All I can say is wow, but when in rain will it ram the water into the dry filter?
It says fiberglass. What makes it really cool is it's actually a true functional ram air hood. Do you think you might have issues though with moisture ingestion driving in the rain?
Nice! Same question, what about rain?
We actually haven't had one of these here yet, but according to RK Sport, there's a water deflector just inside the scoop ducting that directs water down to a trough that's more or less in line with the radiator. The trough has weep holes to allow water to drain out, and there's additional weep holes drilled toward the rear of the hood that drain out any water trapped in the trough when you open the hood.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
In had a very similar hood on my 06 GMC that also had heat extractors along with an open filter intake for years and never had any issues. Never took it anywhere too wet with huge puddles but it handled everyday use and mild offroading fine

They make a great looking one for the 15 which has my interest....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I thought I was about done modding this truck, but that's damn tempting. I'd like to see a painted one with the grill installed.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I thought I was about done modding this truck, but that's damn tempting. I'd like to see a painted one with the grill installed.
I nominate you first.

I like it, and I have some rock chips on my grille surround that need to be painted anyway!

- Everything sounds better with Emmylou -

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I nominate you first.

I like it, and I have some rock chips on my grille surround that need to be painted anyway!

- Everything sounds better with Emmylou -
After seeing the pic above, I'm thinking one more mod couldn't hurt, well two if you count ptm grill, which would probably be a must also at that point. That would also justify my Airaid still sitting in the box that I thought I had just wasted my money on, so there's $250 saved already.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
My wife checked out my Credit Card Statement last month and she's asking me a lot of questions about Stage 3.

I am trying to avoid giving her Jason's name & phone number while she give me "the Mexican Inquisition".

Reactions: gsxrdoug

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
My wife checked out my Credit Card Statement last month and she's asking me a lot of questions about Stage 3.

I am trying to avoid giving her Jason's name & phone number while she give me "the Mexican Inquisition".
Another reason I never give out my direct line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, that looks good! Ever had any issues with water making it to the filter when driving in the rain.
No issues at all the only thing I don't like about it is when I had it painted I asked them to paint the grille in the hood to match my grille witch they did not do but they are suppose to paint it this spring.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this won't seal around the afe stage 2 but will it fit and close?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts