F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Platinum 4x4
40 Posts
I would agree. Even if increasing hp through “light” mods such as tuner, exhaust, and even intercooler upgrade….pipes should still move the same voume. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just tried installing these tonight and they are a pain in the ass. I wouldn't say they're a "straight forward" thing. The driver side sits on top of the fiting for pcv and somehow I snapped it off when reconnecting the blow off recirc pipe. I'm going to put the factory ones back on and call CVF Monday and see if I'm doing something wrong. Makes me worry since I have their intercooler arriving Monday as well.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'd have to imagine they are a super tight fit. The stock pipes don't leave much room in there at it is. Sorry for your troubles, but appreciate the update. Keep us updated on how they perform once you get them on.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I would believe they flow better if you were flowing enough volume, but I am sus that these engines in stock form flow more volume than the stock tubes can handle. Maybe I am wrong.

The thing is, when you increase power on these trucks, its done through more boost. You are flowing the same volume through the tubes, just at a higher pressure to achieve more density. The cubic feet per minute is not changing since you did not change the volumetric efficiency of the motor, so the tubes should not be under additional "stress".
I agree with this, however to me it seems there are a few restrictions in the pipe where the cross-section area appears lower than the housing on the turbo. If this is the case then a larger pipe diameter should improve spooling lag? The time it takes to reach the same density should be lower since it can move the same amount of air faster. No?

Bicycle part Automotive exterior Bumper Nickel Auto part
Bicycle part Composite material Nickel Bumper Gas

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm thinking the reason they're not quite fitting is my Mishimoto radiator being thicker than the stock one. That little bit of room that's taken up makes a difference. Might have to change gears and go with the Mishi pipes and intercooler.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I'm thinking the reason they're not quite fitting is my Mishimoto radiator being thicker than the stock one. That little bit of room that's taken up makes a difference. Might have to change gears and go with the Mishi pipes and intercooler.
Just to note, I’ve installed CVF, Mishi and AFE pipes. They all are fun to get to fit and I can’t say any one stood out as any easier to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
what's the secret on getting them to fit? Apparently the cold side won't fit with a stock intercooler and bov.
All the ones I did or helped with had aftermarket intercoolers. Had to cut the hot pipe bracket for the AFE ones. The rest were just twisting and tweaking the couplers to make them work.

The Mishi pipes on my truck were a fight, especially getting the drivers side pipe to line up at the intercooler connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
what's the secret on getting them to fit? Apparently the cold side won't fit with a stock intercooler and bov.
Have you tried removing the top intercooler bracket so you can push the intercooler towards the radiator? If that doesn't work, I'd pull the intercooler and get the pipes bolted down on the turbos first, then mess with the IC connections.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts