F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, we finally got our hands on the S&B intakes for our Ecoboost trucks. Every order to date (even the back orders have shipped). Here are some images. We will be doing an install and hopefuly some dyno work later this week. Feel free to ask questions.

By the way, the S&B logo on the clear shield is a decal, so you can install it if you want. The red filter below is oiled, the white one is dry.

S&B F150 Ecoboost Intake - Dry Filter

S&B F150 Ecoboost Intake - Oiled Filter

SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem03.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem05.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem13.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem15.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem17.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem19.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystem22.jpg SB-75-50672011-2014F150Ecoboost35LSBColdAirIntakeSystemOiled4.jpg

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also for pricing PM me and I will shoot you a price. Then if you like the price, send us paypal to [email protected] and let us know if you want oiled or dry.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very cool looking. Curious how it sounds

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
& these are better than AFE why? Is it just the filter that's better? Cause the tubes seem similar.

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
What was the deal with afe filters? I'm guessing the dry filter is replaceable where the oil is reusable?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
This does come with the larger cold air box opening snorkel, right? I was really hoping to see the two compared. The HP findings will be the deal maker or breaker.

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am not expecting any one intake to make much more power over another. They all flow ample air..it's just a matter of looks and sound.

Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Just placed my order this afternoon!

·
Vendor
1,519 Posts
& these are better than AFE why? Is it just the filter that's better? Cause the tubes seem similar.

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk
This does come with the larger cold air box opening snorkel, right? I was really hoping to see the two compared. The HP findings will be the deal maker or breaker.

Thanks!
Frankly, I wouldn't expect much of a difference either way, especially on trucks running with stock tuning. You really could make the argument that either intake can make more power than other. The two out-of-the-box benefits of the S&B over the aFe is that it's a simpler kit and it's extremely likely that'll it get CARB approval, given that most of S&B's other intakes have EO numbers. S&B filed for it, CARB just needs to do their testing or whatever they else they do.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes you need to be tuned to see any real benefits from any cai! But I do know the S&B flows more air than the aFe! That is what my contact at S&B told me I have the numbers on that if it is ok with the op I will post them! The built quality on the S&B is better than the aFe IMO! And it uses the bottom of the stock air box but replaces the small stock snorkel with a larger one and the lid is larger than stock!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks! I have more but people want the finished install look.
I have had it installed since last Friday.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great pics indeed...

I'm considering one just because it's different. .but how do those numbers compare to afe? And again it could flow twice as much as any other but the engine can only take so much so not sure flow numbers really matter until you start improving other things.. but all that aside it is a nice clean simple intake.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks. Yes you are correct a motor can only handle so much. I was just posting S&B numbers compared to stock. S&B flows more than afe also.
Afe states 335 cfm over stock.
That is for the stage 2

·
Vendor
1,519 Posts
Yes you need to be tuned to see any real benefits from any cai! But I do know the S&B flows more air than the aFe! That is what my contact at S&B told me I have the numbers on that if it is ok with the op I will post them! The built quality on the S&B is better than the aFe IMO! And it uses the bottom of the stock air box but replaces the small stock snorkel with a larger one and the lid is larger than stock!
S&B flows 540 cfm that is a 40.67% increase over stock!

aFe quotes 44% flow increase over stock. Granted their CFM numbers show the stock air box flowing at 233cfm and their filter flowing at 335cfm, so there's already a discrepancy between the two companies' flow numbers. I do agree that the build quality on the S&B kit is better, but we'll see how that translates over to performance on Thursday, if we don't run out of time after screwing around with our 5.0L Truck.

And Rodney, we probably have the same guy over at S&B... just saying. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the follow up...have you previously ran any intakes? Would you say this one is louder or quieter than others if so? I know intakes with aluminum tunes tend to produce more noise just due to their nature where plastic can help deaden sound not to mention the cover on the filter.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts