F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you drive this:

Don't expect the mileage of this:

I have been compiling some basic notes for over a year now. Anytime somebody has mentioned what their mileage is, I pay attention to the truck specifics and have written it down. Here is a loose representation of my findings. It is not exact and there are plenty of variables that could change the findings a little. I also did not offer expanded results for all the differing gear ratios or tow packages. But this listing is a decent indication of what a real-world driver could expect out of their new-to-them 2011-2014 Ecoboost F150 based on cab, bed, and drive configuration.
Once again, these are not exact, and ANY modifications (programmer w/ tunes, lift, level, wheels, M/T or A/T tires, heavy aftermarket bumpers, etc.) to your stock truck will most likely lessen your mileage even more from what is listed here. This is only intended as a generic guide for your information. :)

2011-2014 XL, XLT:
SCab 2WD with 6.5' bed: 17/20
SCrew 2WD with 5.5' bed: 17/20
SCrew 2WD with 6.5' bed: 16/20
SCab 4WD with 6.5' bed 16/19
SCrew 4WD with 5.5' bed 16/19
SCrew 4WD with 6.5' bed 15/18

2011-2014 Sport, FX4, Lariat:
SCab 2WD with 6.5' bed: 16/19
SCrew 2WD with 5.5' bed: 16/19
SCrew 2WD with 6.5' bed: 15/19
SCab 4WD with 6.5' bed 15/18
SCrew 4WD with 5.5' bed 15/18
SCrew 4WD with 6.5' bed 14/17

2011-2014 Platinum, King Ranch, Limited
SCrew 2WD with 5.5' bed: 15/18
SCrew 2WD with 6.5' bed: 15/18
SCrew 4WD with 5.5' bed 15/18
SCrew 4WD with 6.5' bed 14/17

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Perfect any further MPG whine threads should be locked immediately.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Great job on the research! I believe this is how the EPA should be rating MPG on the window stickers instead of just using the best case scenario (lightest configuration/lowest trim) and slapping that MPG claim on a fully loaded truck that is a few hundred pounds heavier. Maybe then the average person would not be outraged at their real world MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you folks. I am working with some other members to compile a similar list for the 2015+ models. ;)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Nobody seems to mention how fat the drivers and passengers are either.

That makes a difference!

Me, my wife and 2 kids don't total over 450 lbs.

I'm sure theres some out there totalling over half that figure just as a driver.

·
Registered
591 Posts
What? Nobody else has an 8' bed? :p I'm right in line with the 6.5' bed SCab.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Elmore, if my truck is a legit example, the 15+ would only be moved up 1-2 mpg.

In other words, you have my configuration at 15-18 mpg. (KR Screw 4WD 5.5 bed)

With the OEM tire size I'm a 16-19mpg
Maybe a 16-20 range if you include the mizer-drivers.

By the way, your a giver. Thanks man. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What? Nobody else has an 8' bed? :p I'm right in line with the 6.5' bed SCab.
You're truck is equivalent to the mythical "unicorn"! I've heard people talk about EcoBoosts with an 8' bed. Seen pictures too.....
But I've never personally seen one out in the wild or had the chance to touch it to see if they truly exist. LOL

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Nobody seems to mention how fat the drivers and passengers are either.

That makes a difference!

Me, my wife and 2 kids don't total over 450 lbs.

I'm sure theres some out there totalling over half that figure just as a driver.
We're not all miniature humans!! Some of us are well over 6' tall. And I'm not fat, just big boned.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
We're not all miniature humans!! Some of us are well over 6' tall. And I'm not fat, just big boned.
Well then take it into account on your terrible mileage. As epa is like 150 lb person no?

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well then take it into account on your terrible mileage. As epa is like 150 lb person no?
I have heard that too. Don't have any factual data on it but I've heard that EPA testing is done based on 1/4 tank of fuel, 150 pound driver, and the base model vehicle. LOL

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Works for me!

‘13 FX4 Crew 5.5’ Lux w/Leer Cap and a Brush Guard

Mine is mostly stock. S&B Intake (paper filters changed ~10-15K miles) and a BBK Throttle Body. She sings more than a stock Eco.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good analysis!...My experience: purchased Oct 2018 w/74k miles....2011 Lariat EB super crew, stock everything, regular on time maintenance, now 87k miles, medium lead foot and burn only regular top tier gas. Live in N Alabama. I avg about 75 - 80 mph on interstate because it wants to. 16-18 MPG city-hwy. Love my truck and so does my wife. Roll Tide

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well I don't know if ours fits into your scenario or not. Ours is a stock '13 XLT HD Screw. I surmise your lower number is city mileage & your higher number is highway or is it a combination of city & highway. Our solo highway has been in the low 20's + and our towing mileage is in the neighborhood of 10 -10.5. I really don't know what the actual city mileage is. We tow allot & I don't reset it until we tow again if just running round town and the running around mileage never gets above about 11 or 12 until I fill to tow again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could the spark plug gap have anything to do with the mileage. I just changed the plugs in mine. Plugs I removed was gapped at .034. Put the recommended autolight plugs in and gapped them at .030. Mileage went from 17 to 15 (all highway miles). Thinking about pulling them out and gapping them a little bigger. Oh I didn’t mention I have a 13 screw with 3.5 ecoboost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts