F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
In my opinion I would put my money into a tuner first. It will give the biggest gains in all of those areas and you should tune after you add a CAI and/or exhaust. I recommend SCT for ford.

I decided to go with a MBRP cat back dual system instead of the AFE 4". I liked the sound of the duals better than the single. And two pipes out the back look pretty cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ecoboost exhaust

Bill
Nice set up. I am looking at this same set up for my 2013 F150 EB. I have used the Edge tuner on my last two F150s. Have you changed out the exhaust yet and if so what did you use?
Thanks.
I have a 2013 f150 ecoboost with afe catback and afe air intake, it sounds really good but somehow my MPG got worse, I need to find out why

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 ford f150 EB with appearance package I was getting 6.1 km per litre and then I put on the AFE cat back exhaust and AFE air intake and my Fuel went to 5.6 km per litre, I'm confused why that is. The little hose that is connected between the two main air hoses, it only has a little tiny hole there, is that correct?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure why the milage would go that way. I have done a dyno run since I added the exhaust. My numbers are closer to Bills. This time I went to a dynojet dyno. I got 363HP and 474Torque at the wheels. Making about 450Torque at about 2300rpm and pulls from there. My fuel milage hasn't changed if anything it improved on the highway. I haven't been able to keep my foot off of the gas long enough to test city milage.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That looks very close to my dyno runs. Very nice!
Yes very impressive. Thanks! This combo works very well. l recently hauled a 29foot camper(7500lb dry weight but wasn't dry) my highway milage was 18mpg(us gal). The owner of the camper, he is a chev owner, was very impressed. He was driving. He commented how well it pulled when we were on an incline. No down shift just a bit of increase in RPM. Then we got to the mountian. He usually gets a good run but we were behind some slower cars. Halfway up he looks at me with a big grin and says "I could pass these guys. This is really impressive" If it wasn't for the unresolved problems he would be sold.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just wanted to know what is the best way to go on the tuner. Edge, AFE Scorcher, SCT or LMS. [h=3][/h]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great info guys, Have you by chance been able to test both the dry and oiled filters to see if either makes a difference?

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Helwood, I would just research the heck out of it... I've heard positive reviews from different tuning options. Best to just look for yourself. I have the LMS and love it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks Kc311. I think i'm down to the LMC and the SCT. I just need to make my mind up

·
Registered
113 Posts
so if i am reading this right , just the cold air kits and cat back will do nothing if you don't get a tuner

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just ordered my AFE Stage 2 and MAK Downpipes, really excited to add this to my current setup. how much and where do you get your truck dynod? I am in Vegas.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
so if i am reading this right , just the cold air kits and cat back will do nothing if you don't get a tuner
I wouldn't say it does nothing...
Exhaust- allows for less restriction (stock is VERY restrictive). Everything you do WILL add sound. Exhaust will certainly help performance and air flow.
Intake- more of a "support" mod. Alone it doesn't have much of a case for itself but with a tune, it is very beneficial. The closed style intake is more restrictive and was proven to reduce HP (up to 20rwhp with AFE stage2).

The tune puts all of this together, along with unleashing power that was limited by the factory tune.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Seems like lately guys who just want mileage are going with the Stage 2 intake. The guys who are looking for power are doing a Stage 2 intake and tuner w/ custom tune.
Bill do you recommend going to the dyno and getting a custom tune or are the tunes the I could order online every bit as good. SCT AFI stage 2 and catback exhaust.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts