F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
It's funny reading this after so many people bash CAI. That they do nothing. But you awesomeness tuners will be the real judge ! Now about pricing ....

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Vendor
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
309.99 for a half intake is a little pricey. If you are looking for an intake like that I would suggest the AFE Stage 1 for 225.00 shipped,

2012-2014 F150 EcoBoost 3.7L/ 3.5l EcoBoost aFe Cold Air Intake System AFE54-12111
Bill what do you think about the AIRAID kit for the money? The fit and finish is nice and the dyno numbers are pretty much the same as AFE Stage II on a stock truck.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Vendor
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
yeah the air aid fit and finish is always good. Side note, they took us on a factory tour last year....WOW... they make some really impressive parts. They are huge on fit and finish and making the end user happy. Airaid and Afe stage 2 are still our top sellers. S&B will be also as soon as the kit is released. I had a meeting with S&B last week, It was pretty much me begging them to release to eco intake so I could give them money.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
2011-2013 F150 Ecboost 3.5L Cold Air Intake Options (AFE, AirAid, K&N, Bully ...

Honestly, The factory air box and intake on all new trucks is pretty darn good. As are the tunes on the non-turbo gas burners...that's why programmersand CAIs don't add a lot of power on a 5.0 Ford or a 5.3 GM, etc.

CAIs do help some, especially as an addition to other power adders... But....mostly, a lot of this bolt-on stuff is like the fishing lure aisle in the sporting goods store....most of the lures are made to catch more fishermen than fish....

Buy what you like...just don't buy into the mindset that "well if this one without a big long fancy tube makes some extra power, the one with the big long fancy tubes and 4 filters must make more" The factory system flows more than enough air for the engine, even with a tune.

Fact is....the OE boys in Detroit know what they're doing....we can find some little gains here and there...but without going inside the engine (or turbos)...it ain't really all that much. This is about personalizing our trucks the way we want them, and buying parts to accomplish that result.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: ShortFX4

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree VolForLife.
Most of the performance gains you get are from your tune and not your cai.
The stock cai works well on my '13 Roush Stage 3 as well. (Although I have thought about a nice JLT Big Air and a 93 octane tune for that "whine". :D )

·
Vendor
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
We will no longer be offering the S&B Ecoboost intakes. S&B has a very strict MAPP policy that states that we can not discount this intake parts 299.99. We have some excellent customers on this forum, some have spent over $5,000.00 with us. We did offer a discount to our ecoboost forum members via private message. I don't think it is fair to charge a guy that has spent thousands with us the same price as a retail customer. Just my opinion. S&B will no longer allow us to do this. We have changed the status of this part on our site to "Not for sale".

We have our project ecoboost on the dyno today and had both the oiled and dry version of the S&B ready to dyno test, we have stopped that testing for now.

However, if you want an AFE stage 2 intake, PM me and ill continue to give member discounts on those and all of our other great ecoboost F150 performance parts.

·
Registered
250 Posts
however if you look on e-bay and do a web search u will find a few places selling this for $284.00

·
Registered
868 Posts
if they dont want to play well with the customers than piss on them !
i didnt want a noisy CAI anyway and all i needed was a simple reason.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts