F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I can find it online with free shipping fro 279.00 right now, but im not looking to get anyone in trouble, so I wont post the link.
yeah... but that's not buying it through stage3motorsports..

·
Vendor
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Correct, and we appreciate you guys buying through us. A lot of guys have went with the AFE Stage 2 instead of the S&B since we stopped selling it. I tried to get that through to S&B but they made their decision. Soon we will put out our best deal ever for the AFE stage 2 and SCT X4 tuner with custom tunes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Correct, and we appreciate you guys buying through us. A lot of guys have went with the AFE Stage 2 instead of the S&B since we stopped selling it. I tried to get that through to S&B but they made their decision. Soon we will put out our best deal ever for the AFE stage 2 and SCT X4 tuner with custom tunes.

Oh yeah? I already got the x4 from you , and have been looking for the cai. Was waiting on reports of the s&b. but now there loss. I want a AFE

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Every year there's a new intake. Why. I already have one

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Reactions: 2Canches

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I want the banks! This AFE needs to go in the trash.

Reactions: leverkyle

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I want the banks! This AFE needs to go in the trash.
Well then, the trash is your mail box, and the dump site is my mail box.

Family first

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
We could definitely arrange this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A couple customers thought it was too loud. I think if you have run cold air intakes before you know what to expect. Some of us are used to running open filters on big V8s, so we know what to expect. AFE must have had a couple complaints as well if they spent the time to build the lid. Either way, its still our top seller and I dont see that changing anytime soon. Are you running a tuner with the Stage 2 intake?

So I bought the stage 3 F150 and nothing else. Fuel mileage went down almost 2 a gallon. Suggestions? Looks like it is running rich. Tail pipe is sooty.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
So I bought the stage 3 F150 and nothing else. Fuel mileage went down almost 2 a gallon. Suggestions? Looks like it is running rich. Tail pipe is sooty.

Thanks
Do you mean the aFe Stage 2 Kit? Do you have a part number, and what's the year of your truck?

In general, an intake alone won't have a super-significant effect on your truck's fuel economy or long-term AFR. I'd double-check all the connections and clamps for the intake and make sure that none of the couplers or filters have tears. If you don't see anything wrong there, I'd make sure that your MAF/MAP sensor is secured and reinstalled in the inlet tube/sensor housing properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mean the aFe Stage 2 Kit? Do you have a part number, and what's the year of your truck?

In general, an intake alone won't have a super-significant effect on your truck's fuel economy or long-term AFR. I'd double-check all the connections and clamps for the intake and make sure that none of the couplers or filters have tears. If you don't see anything wrong there, I'd make sure that your MAF/MAP sensor is secured and reinstalled in the inlet tube/sensor housing properly.
Sorry type...stage 2...everything is correct. I mean it is over simple to install...mpg has gone way down. MAF/MAP sensor? Installed just like the directions said. I do have another question. I have dry filters but the directions say to oil? The are grey in color.

Thanks !

·
Vendor
1,523 Posts
Sorry type...stage 2...everything is correct. I mean it is over simple to install...mpg has gone way down. MAF/MAP sensor? Installed just like the directions said. I do have another question. I have dry filters but the directions say to oil? The are grey in color.

Thanks !
The directions are generic. If you have the grey, dry filters you do not have to oil.

If you're still having issues, feel free to call us directly at 1-877-578-2433 for further troubleshooting.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts