F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure about the Banks but I picked up a used AFE Stage 2 and gained 2 MPG in the city. Very pleased with the quality and performance of that intake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off, Tons of info in this thread! Thanks!

But I do have one unanswered question - from what I could see.

New Eco boost owner.

Is there such a thing as too much air intake for a stock 2013 Eco boost? I'm interested in the gains on the AFE intake but just curious if it's too much air or if that's a thing, "too much air".

·
Vendor
1,528 Posts
First off, Tons of info in this thread! Thanks!

But I do have one unanswered question - from what I could see.

New Eco boost owner.

Is there such a thing as too much air intake for a stock 2013 Eco boost? I'm interested in the gains on the AFE intake but just curious if it's too much air or if that's a thing, "too much air".
You have to keep in mind that a turbocharged engine functions a lot differently than a naturally aspirated motor, and the turbochargers only have so much air demand at any given time to generate the boost pressure that the ECU is calling for. With a big enough sensor housing or inlet tube, you'd eventually trip a CEL, but that's another issue entirely.

Basically, you don't have to worry about "too much air" with a basic, bolt-on cold air intake kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is anybody running the CAI from CV fabrication (2012-2014)? It looks like a knock off of the AFE stage two. I was just wondering how it compares to the real thing?

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
Last poster before you was 4.5 years ago.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Yeah kinda old! Anyway the CVF is $2-300 less compared to the AFE. KM

101 - 107 of 107 Posts