F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Scorcher" series of vehicle programmers have always been able to deliver excellent horsepower and torque gains for your truck, and the Scorcher Module for the 2011 to 2013 F150 EcoBoost trucks is no different. While not a full-fledged tuning device, the Scorcher Module is capable of adding up to 47 horsepower and 57 lb-ft of torque all with a quick, plug-and-play installation with no hassles or other bolt-on parts required. The aFe EcoBoost Scorcher module is one of the best ways to make tire-shredding horsepower in only a few minutes and at a much lower cost than most handheld tuners of dashboard monitors.

Read More...

Keep in mind this can be "Stacked" with other tuners. Reminds me of talking about some of my ford diesel trucks.
[h=1]2011-2013 F150 EcoBoost 3.5L aFe Scorcher Module[/h]
AFE-77-430052011-2013F150EcoBoost35LaFeScorcherModule1.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does this leave a footprint that the ford dealership can track? It is a "piggy back" system instead of a re-programmer...just wondering if its and option since I want to keep my warranty.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Now that's kind of interesting, at least in concept. Allows/permits extra boost, installed under the hood inline with the factory harness. So if your not plugging into and reprogramming the CPU there maybe on actual footprint of having been installed. It could however show an over boost code or some such error.

How long have these been on the market and what's been the history. It would be interesting to run one of these and then do a code scan just to make sure nothing is getting logged in to the data memory.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would love to hear more as well and what they work with too.

·
Registered
868 Posts
after googleing AFE Scorcher i found page after page about them used on diesels, BMW's, jetta's you name it but i have yet to see anything about if it would affect warranty.
maybe some one will come across the answer soon

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should have a review of the performance and boost gains from one of the members on this forum very soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We should have a review of the performance and boost gains from one of the members on this forum very soon.
thanks for the update. looking forward to hearing more. Is it true that this system can be stacked with another tuner...therefore making 2# more boost than say...the can sct tune produces?

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I strongly suggest not "Stacking" this on a can or custom tune. I think you are asking for trouble. Maybe I will be proven wrong, heck diesel guys stack these kinds of things all the time, but Im sure not going to be the first one to try it.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update to that question, AFE does advertise these can be Stacked. I guess it probably depends what kind of boost numbers you are seeing before this module. I see 18 PSI with the edge CTS. I hear guys see 20 with a custom 93 octane tune. So if you see 16 with a can tune, then I think stacking this would be okay.

·
Registered
537 Posts
BUT, as with drinking adult beverages, eating rich or fried foods the true secret here maybe to do so with moderation and be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
jonrjen
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing