F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed when the temperature gets cold below 50 my truck start a humming on while driving straight by turn it goes away and so when in 4 wheel drive. After the truck gets warmed up it usually goes away too. I’ve tried the check value and solenoid but they did nothing
Those parts were

Control valve
Motor craft YG429

Solenoid
9h465

I’m not sure what else I should be looking for to start replacing

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
If you unplug the IWE vacuum from the IWE, but leave it in 2WD, does everything feel normal?

It's an option

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m new to this system and have only had m
If you unplug the IWE vacuum from the IWE, but leave it in 2WD, does everything feel normal?

It's an option

I’m new to this system and have only had my truck less than a year. I’m not really sure what or where I should be unplugging s vacuum line

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Oh, sorry.

You can unplug the vacuum line right at the hub/IWE itself. You probably should plug the line with something to keep debris out for the future.

If you take the wheel off, you will see the only vacuum hose that extends to your hub assembly. That'd be it!

What you'll technically be accomplishing is converting the OEM IWE into an IWE eliminator. :)

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, sorry.

You can unplug the vacuum line right at the hub/IWE itself. You probably should plug the line with something to keep debris out for the future.

If you take the wheel off, you will see the only vacuum hose that extends to your hub assembly. That'd be it!

What you'll technically be accomplishing is converting the OEM IWE into an IWE eliminator. :)

And that essentially just locks it into 4wd? Or just keep the hubs engaged and the switch to 4wd still works?

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Has nothing to do with 4WD or 2WD. That is determined by the front differential being engaged or not.

The vacuum actuated IWE is just connecting the front hub to the short drive shaft that is connected to the differential.

Basically Ford is removing the load of spinning those shafts when in 2WD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I finally got around today to do that and took it for a drive truck read about 43 degrees which is normally when I would hear and feel something. Removing those lines fixed the issue. Does that mean the vacuum lines themselves would be compromised? I can get the tube from Ford for like $40

·
Premium Member
8,059 Posts
Well honestly, most of the time the vacuum failure is at the little check valve. But if you AREN'T lucky enough for that to be the failure point, then every hose/fitting/nipple/reservoir..... etc is a potential leak source.

And THAT is assuming the vacuum pump/motor is actually creating sufficient vacuum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts