F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about this MOD for sound.

I have been searching but cannot find the answer anywhere.

2011 ecoboost.

Passager side.

So, I disconnect the rubber hose going into the tube...... Then I can either block that off or install a little air filter?

My questions are, whats the difference between blocking off with a CAP or using an air filter?

And then what do I do with the hose I just disconnected? Does that hose need to be blocked off, filter installed or nothing?

Thanks very much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not ? It does not use the traditional MAF sensor that would causing a lean condition when metered air is released to the atmosphere.

I just dont know how to do it.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I did this to mine. 2012. We are ok with it. The 2013 is a lil more finicky. Alls good so far on 7K kilometers

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
scap99 is correct. The MAF measures all air entering so the computer can command proper short & long term fuel trims...but I believe the ecoboost is a MAP only engine so it can be done. As it comes from the factory it is a recirculating pressure relief valve.

·
Registered
805 Posts
They had a "maf" sensor but used only as a temp sensor from my understanding, all years are speed density from everything I know about the platform. No worries about VTA.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If the '13's are finicky I didn't notice. Mine took to it just fine. They're easier to vent, just one pipe to worry about.

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
SD tunes are so much easier!! No problems doing a BOV on an SD engine at all then. All the PCM needs it gets from the MAP, upstream O2's, and the knock sensors.

·
Registered
805 Posts
SD tunes are so much easier!! No problems doing a BOV on an SD engine at all then. All the PCM needs it gets from the MAP, upstream O2's, and the knock sensors.
It's even better than that on this platform, it's a closed loops system and really smart about fueling. If it starts to go lean it immediately closes the throttlebody to fix it. There's alot of intelligence in this platform, unfortunately when you get to the bleeding edge it can also bit you in the arse. :)

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Here's a vid of my truck with the Full-Race CAC venting to air with the 2013 e-BOV. She catches a second before the throttle is dumped off.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here's a vid of my truck with the Full-Race CAC venting to air with the 2013 e-BOV. She catches a second before the throttle is dumped off.

Your welcome. Lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I wonder if that's what I'm experiencing, its like its closing and opening I get boost and it goes away and comes back again. This SOB would fly if I could get boost to maintain a decent level.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I wouldn't call it surging, under 3/4 throttle it will go to 17 then drop to 14-15 then into the 16's. WOT is also weird spike then drops to 14-15 unless I back off the throttle a tad then shoots back to peak.
Its like the throttle blade is opening and closing.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Mine jumps to 20, and when the waste gate opens it settles out around 18 psi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts