F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one thing I've noticed with my 2011 lariat screw Ecoboost with 3.73 max tow package is that I can't lock the rear in 2wd. Both buddies I know with 2012's can. One it a FX4 and the other is a XLT. Does anyone else have a 2011 that also can not lock it in in 2wd?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also can't use the E-Locker while in two wheel drive. I have a limited slip diff also. Do you or your friend have this? I though all F-150 had to be in 4WD to use the E-Locker.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am not sure if that was a upgrade they did for the 2012; I can lock the rear diff in 2wd; I have a max tow 3:73 and its a King Ranch; so I don't think it is trim specific maybe just model year...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also can't use the E-Locker while in two wheel drive. I have a limited slip diff also. Do you or your friend have this? I though all F-150 had to be in 4WD to use the E-Locker.
Like king was saying it must be a 2012 option. Both buddies have 2012's so I'm going to guess that's the case. Now I wonder if there's a upgrade I can do to get mine to do it in 2wd. Let you know if there is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a coworker with a 2011 and he just has a mechanical limited slip, I don't think ford offered the true e locker until 2012. I have a 2012 eith the e locker and can (and have) used it in 2wd.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You have an LSD and an E-locker?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same on my 2011. Must be a year specific thing. I'll check at the dealership, but I don't even know if I have 3.73 gear, or max tow package : \

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's a model year deal 2011 that are equipped with a the Elect locking diff can only lock out when 4wd is engaged. Ford made it able to lock out on the 2012 models & up;I know I use it a lot on boat ramps and during the winter for getting going... Not sure on how one could upgrade a 2011 to do the same thing as I am not sure if its a program deal or mech deal hindering it from engaging in 2wd...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts