F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post...

Love the ecoboost...want to get in one. Found one down in VA that I'm thinking going to get it. it looks immaculate and everything looks right. I've got two questions:

1.) It's got 78000 miles on it. Do I need to be worried about it being high mileage?
2.) They're looking for $26k for it. Is that a decent price for it?

Interested in your opinions.

Thanks,
Brandt

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
That seems very high

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Very high price and very high miles. There is little info available about high mileage on these trucks because they're only 3 production years old. I bought mine brand new, loaded for a little more than 10k over that price.

i say pass.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I've been looking around for a bit and they all seem to be going for this price or higher. I looked at one that had 40k miles and it was $32k. It just seems to be the market right now. Am I wrong?

And unfortunately I don't have the funds to do the $30k's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In January I got my 2011 XLT screw 4x4 with 28k miles for $28,400. It's in great condition. I would say keep looking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So all of you are in the south...truck heaven.

I'm in New England...having to go to VA just to find this one...not much up here....and everything I've found is either high mileage or over $30k. Are you guys really finding a lot down there in the mid 20's?

I hear everything you guys are saying...and I can't say I don't agree, but I'm not sure I'm going to find anything better...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah, just saw you were looking in VA. Find one down here in truck land, one way ticket and drive back. Probably still come out ahead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol....i'd love to, but I'm trading in as well...makes going to TX or LA much harder...VA is already a 9 hour drive for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another question...if this price works for me, and I got an extended warranty on it, would I be in a reasonably good position?

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Yeah see what you can get out of the dealership. I would guess they took it in on trade at about 22K, so they have some room to work with you. Heck try to get a tonneau cover out ot them along with the warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it seems like it would be a logistical nightmare, but if the financing isn't an issue and your trade is worth close to / more than what you owe and is a marketable vehicle, you should make some calls to dealers out of state. The regional price variance on some vehicles is crazy.
When my wife wanted a touareg (bad market for them in Dallas but tons of them on the market in LA) I saved ~$5k by doing a deal over the phone with a California dealer (and that was after factoring in what they charged me to ship my touareg here). About a week after the deal, the VW arrived on a transport truck, they loaded up her old SUV, and we were done. Also made money on the deal eventually because a earlier this year when we traded it in locally, it was worth (here) more than what we paid for it (from LA). Something to think about.

You'd get a lot more truck for same or less money if you find one in a high volume state. I just bought a fully loaded (except the sunroof) 2012 EB FX2 with 11k miles for $30k.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my 2011 XLT in January with 21k miles on it for 27k. I had been looking for a while, and hadn't been seeing very many in the area. I had started looking at buying brand new leftovers with the idea of getting 0% financing (if they had that deal going, if not i couldn't do it) but even then they were still around 34k with some options but def not fully loaded, and that was just a bit out of my price range at the time (if i had waited a few more months i probably could have swung it but i saw my truck and felt it was a good deal). Ive seen alot of talk on price and if your down south it seems they get much cheaper....or you can at least get a better deal on one. But to your question, i dont feel that a 2011 with 78k miles for 26k is a great deal. If it only had say 20-30k miles it might not seem so bad (for the area). I would keep looking, something will pop up. Or look into what tdbohannon was talking about, that could be a worth while avenue to look down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look in Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas for used trucks...if you have a print out from Ford with consistent maintenance on the one you're looking for I'd say go for it but @24k no more, and if you get extended warranty the most they'll do is 125k miles. So before you purchase I would have them do a thorough look at what needs replacement. Like spark plugs, if any cats are bad, so far I am at 92k miles and counting and that is with heavy towing. I service mine every 5k miles with the works package, I did a spark plug replacement at 60k had the radiator fluid flushed and filled. I also had the brakes flushed after putting in new brakes at 80k miles and I had tires last almost 70k miles and that was only due to misalingnment on the right front tire. all others had plenty tread but I was going to Aspen. So new tires and brakes were a must.

Again if the maintenance is there and you can bring them 2k down or have them throw the extended warranty and cover on it then I'd say no problem at $26k, just make sure you do a through review of all services and ensure all TSBs are up to date. I hope this helps you a little.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts