F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 F150 Ecoboost with 3.73 gears 6.5 ft bed. It has 98600 miles. Trade-in value $14500. My concern is longevity.
How long did your first gen 3.5 Ecoboost last for you?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Below is the list of work done and needed.

Under warranty I have had the
Cam phasers replaced.
Turn signal module on steering column replaced.
One of the turbos replaced.
Brake air pump replaced.

Out of warranty
I replaced the two-piece driveshaft. Carrier bearing rusted out.

Currently needs.
Rear window defrost repaired
Tires
Shocks and struts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would keep it. Always less expensive to fix what you own instead of buying new.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 F150 Lariat Screw 3.5L
818 Posts
I have 118K on my 2012 and no major issues so far. One person here has over 350K on their 2011. As long as you do the maintenance when it's needed to be done they will last a long time.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went through the same thing recently. I was the original owner low miles 51,500. My Lariat was in very good condition (trade in value $17k).

Under warranty had the power steering module replaced.

Potential issues:
- a handful of times the AC on passenger side blew hot air. I read there is a solenoid that can fail that diverts air to both side. Mine was sticking, but reset when I turned AC off/on.
- had a rough start one morning, check engine light came on. Turned off/on and it went away. Shut down when driving one day (check engine light). Bought a code reader, no error code stored? I was low on fuel, maybe that caused it?

I also had potential to relocate for work in next year, and I didn’t want a 2wd truck to restrict locations.

Things that swayed my decision.
- ford year end incentive (I had about $10k off sticker and 0% interest for 6 years )
- new truck next year of year after will likely cost more (maybe impacted by tariffs)
- would need tires in next year
- my trade would continue to drop in value
- I was able to upgrade to new truck (King Ranch 4x4) for $30/month more than old payment.

Other expenses that could be on your horizon: 100,000 service

See what incentives Ford offers next month. I read their sales aren’t where they wanted so they will make a push to move trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I for one, if you can afford the newer truck, or at least a 15 and above, I would do it. Not that there is anything wrong with yours, but it is no secret the 15 and ups have their advantages in many areas of the platform.

No, with proper maintenance and a lot of good care and upkeep, I would not worry too much about your truck!

Reactions: AGPank
1 - 5 of 5 Posts