F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 F-150, SuperCab, 3.5, 3.31 gears
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Brand new member here, bought the truck last week. Body and frame are both in amazing shape. However needs the timing done. Parts are ordered and dealer is doing the work next week.

What I am experiencing is that below 2500 rpm, there is very low power. Have to go half throttle to get anywhere reasonably quickly. Power comes on like a freight train after that. I have a had a few days where the truck is completely normal and has power in that range.

I notice it the most on the highway, when cruising along at 120km/h, even the slightest incline will make it kick down to 5th to maintain speed. And sometimes on flat it will kick down to keep speed.

Of note, there is also an EVAP purge code and the dealer will be replacing that as well.

Do you guys think this is the timing causing it? Or any suggestions of things I should take a look at?

Thanks!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
29 Posts
You will notice a big change when the timing is done. Could have the dealer check the wastegates for being sticky. Further to that you can try and reset the throttle position sensor.

Basically turn key on (run position but dont start), very slowly press gas pedal to floor, lift very quick, key off, repeat 2 more times.

·
Premium Member
5,828 Posts
Shift down.

Reactions: Nisco and Boatwaco
1 - 5 of 5 Posts