F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wanted to race, so I did it. He has an 05 duramax with a hundred horse tune. My 11 is bone stock. I beat him by 1 and half truck lenths in a 1/4 mile. I was surprised and he was impressed. Now he wants a EB. He is a die hard duramax chevy guy. I doubt he will get one, but it was fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My buddy wanted to race, so I did it. He has an 05 duramax with a hundred horse tune. My 11 is bone stock. I beat him by 1 and half truck lenths in a 1/4 mile. I was surprised and he was impressed. Now he wants a EB. He is a die hard duramax chevy guy. I doubt he will get one, but it was fun.
Stories like this never get old!

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
It is amazing how much this truck can pull off the line and keep building like a freight train down the road (until its "anchors away" governor kicks in). I think the best part so far for me has been when I smoke another guys/gals truck and have to explain how big the motor really is and than have to lift the hood and prove it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I love it! Keep the stories comming.lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Smoked a Subaru WRX STI the other day lol. I work at a car dealership and sold the car to a friend of mine. He said my V6 didn't have **** and that numbers didn't mean anything.... Showed him.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Smoked a Subaru WRX STI the other day lol. I work at a car dealership and sold the car to a friend of mine. He said my V6 didn't have **** and that numbers didn't mean anything.... Showed him.
Is your truck stock? Don't get me wrong, these trucks are quick, but there is no way I would even dream of racing a stock Eco against an sti.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is your truck stock? Don't get me wrong, these trucks are quick, but there is no way I would even dream of racing a stock Eco against an sti.
No way, I raced an STI with my 2008 Bullitt Mustang and it was a draw. The Bullitt was a mid 13 sec. car. My guess is that the STI pilot didn't have his foot all the way to the floor or the STI had issues. STI is a damned quick car. No way I would take one on in my Ecoboost, in my Corvette I sure would.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Around here, STI's are a dime a dozen. And I tried to keep up with one the other day. And there was nothing for me to come and post about. As much as I HATE subaru, that's a very quick car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Around here, STI's are a dime a dozen. And I tried to keep up with one the other day. And there was nothing for me to come and post about. As much as I HATE subaru, that's a very quick car.
Agreed. In the end that is a car built for speed and the Ecoboost is a truck built to tow, just it's very quick for a truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently bought a 2013 ecoboost, crew can 6.5' box, stage 2 afe intake, 4" afe catback, sct 91 tune, and afe throttle body spacer, I have a boosted Honda pull up beside me at a light, knowing about the car, he runs about 350hp, he started banging redline, I said fine lets go, pre loaded the rpm, and dumped it, absolutely ate the car, he pulled up beside me at the next light and his jaw was on the ground, just died laughing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I've recently come to find out he doesn't really know how to drive a stick all that great. He brought the car back to get work done to it, because he blew up the engine, and fried the tranny. Even though my glory was lived it was still nice haha.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gives a whole new meaning to the quote "my truck sucks!" Yes it does... better than any half ton and a lot of 3/4 tons out there!!!:p Goooo Turbooo!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Yeah I've recently come to find out he doesn't really know how to drive a stick all that great. He brought the car back to get work done to it, because he blew up the engine, and fried the tranny. Even though my glory was lived it was still nice haha.
Does this dude have bricks for feet??? That guy needs a smart car.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
It is amazing how much this truck can pull off the line and keep building like a freight train down the road (until its "anchors away" governor kicks in). I think the best part so far for me has been when I smoke another guys/gals truck and have to explain how big the motor really is and than have to lift the hood and prove it.
I don't mention anything about the turbos, just that it's a little ol' 3.5 (213 c.i) V6.

While they scratch their heads I mention that it is DOHC 4 valve per cylinder ... and they think "that must be why it's so strong". I then explain the "Ecoboost" is about the gas you save by running a small V6 and the boost to your wallet.

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
pre-08 I could see a very good race, but after 08 they revamped almost everything with the engine. I know right now with my truck stock my 2007 Legacy GT would completely murder my Eco.

...sorry for the thread revival post, just doing some trolling and absolutely LOVE hearing about kill stories!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The only thing I've run across that would bite and I couldn't take was a Honda S2000 many many months ago, before 90% of my mods. I think I was running my Unleashed tune at the time. He got the jump every time, but couldn't pull me until we'd get to about 95. Today we'd have a much different out come :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts