F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we had the door panels off installing the new painted door handles. We installed our Kicker KS series 6x8 door speaker upgrade kit. Removing the door panels is obviously the hardest part. Each door takes about 10 minutes once you understand how to get the door panel off (We will put out a video on how they get removed later today). The kicker KS series sound great and fit behind the factory speaker grilles. Easy quick upgrade for those of use who do not have the sony sound system.

kickersubsamplifierfordf-15008.jpg Kickersubsamplifierfordf-15007.jpg Kickersubsamplifierfordf-15004.jpg Kickersubsamplifierfordf-15005.jpg KickerDoorSpeakerUpgradeKitInstallF-150CrewcabSupercab38.jpg Kickersubsamplifierfordf-15003.jpg Kicker KS vs Stock F150 speakers.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
You guys are busy modding that truck! Nice work! I'm sure that video will be very helpful to the community.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we added 7 parts to the truck on Tuesday. Ill continue to post the parts and what we think of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bill you guys should put together a package with the component Kicker 40CSS684 for the fronts + the 40CS684 for the rears. I dropped this setup in my 2011 Lariat and the sound staging provided by the remote mount tweeters is incredible. I just wish I found you guys before I bought them from CF.

As far as the
40CS684 you have here in your upgrade...definately an improvement over the stocks. Much more clarity and definition!

·
Registered
160 Posts
How much better do these sound over stock?

I am going to be doing a JL sub enclosure with JL amp hopefully soon and would like to do the doors as well.

My concern; should I get a more powerful amp to power these door speakers + the sub or do you think I should just stick with the amp to power the sub only?

Either way, $200 looks like a great deal, especially since its already all set up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Stage3Motorsports
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing