F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 f150 ecoboost FX4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 f150 ecoboost with 83k miles on it . I had a mis fire on cylinder 5 replaced all spark plugs with motocraft plugs and the miss fire went away it's not throwing any codes now, but I did not check the gap on the plugs. after I did that I put die electric grease in the coil boots. I have read these motors are notorious for collecting carbon build up on the valves so I used crc valve cleaner but where I sprayed it at first knowing now wasnt a good place but I sprayed right behind the maf sensor on the intake then I realized I should've used a vacuum line so I disconnected the vacuum line that goes to the brake booster and sprayed it from there I am also using e87 gas I am 90% sure I wasn't having this idle issue when coming to a stop before I did this I used maf sensor cleaner on the maf and the 2 map sensors about 8 times a piece any and suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
You might possibly be in the same boat as me. At 102k I have a consistent cylinder 5 misfire even after replacing that coil & plug several times.
After a diagnostic system check their is definitely a faulty fuel injector.
I would suggest moving coil from cylinder to cylinder changing out plugs and run fuel injector cleaner through a couple of tanks of gas to see if that clears it up?
My mileage dropped to 11.1mpg last month compared to 17.5 the previous month after a round trip from PHX to Washington & back!
Stuff happens....
PS, Tech guy told me those Powerstops I have are POS....thanks-I know that now

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts