F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my truck for the past 3 years 76,000 miles. I have spent a lot of time reading through these posts, some helpful some not. Decided to join tonight considering I had the time and a couple questions. Just recently had my timing chain replaced due to rattle on cold start, occasional sluggish acceleration and even an episode or 2 of limp mode. Bought from car max, had the limp mode happen, they replaced plugs and boots and was good for the past 2 years. Rattle happened within the last year, ford in my area worked with me on the price and paid $900 on replacement timing chain and tensioners. Phasers weren't touched... I suggested this and even stated I would pay for them to be replaced, they stated everything would be looked at and replaced according to TSB. I'm and emergency room charge nurse, I don't know jack when it comes to vehicles but I can research with the best of them. Just put in a monster RX can yesterday myself. I've noticed a more responsive acceleration and better idle. Anything else I should watch for, concerned about, upgrade/replace? Thanks

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Welcome aboard. They should've replaced the tensioners. It is part of the latest TSB.
As far as pointers, don't let the catch can fill up, if you get limp mode when accelerating, perhaps look into drilling the weep hole in the CAC, when you get bored with the power, look into a SCT tuner.

Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts