F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m brand new to the forum so take it easy on me lol. I have a 2011 f150 fx4. I noticed a misfire at moderate acceleration so I picked up some new plugs and while installing them I snapped a vacuum line off the wastegate regulating sensor on top of the intake. So I replaced the part and installed the plugs after gapping them all to 0.30 and I haven’t tuned or done anything at all other that the aftermarket turbosmart compact bov’s. After I put it back together I took it down the highway and noticed immediately that all my power was gone! Like no boost whatsoever taking off! Now I’ve discovered that I can gently press the throttle and it’ll go on but slowly. As I build speed to about 45-55mph I hear my turbo on passenger side dumping boost pressure, whistling, and fluttering. So the Stealer told me to try replacing the new part I had just replaced thinking maybe it was defective from the get go. $68 later I’m having the same problem. I have cleaned all MAF sensors and ever electrical connection I can find with zero luck. I’m leaning toward a bad or defective wastegate or maybe one of the new Turbosmart Compact BOV’s is bad.. I don’t want to be that guy who blows money on parts to throw at it but I can’t take it to the dealer because they want to replace the timing chain and everything related to it. I know it’s not that because it doesn’t miss at idle, no rattle whatsoever, and I can feel it trying to go until it dumps boost and flutters. I just want your opinion on my thoughts about it and any ideas as to a remedy would be awesome!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have them. The compacts were working fine before all this happened. They’re about 5 months old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I’ll try putting factory BOV’s back on just to see since that doesn’t take but a few minutes each side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like the kompacts are not working correctly at all. Do you have the stock BOVs available?
Yes and I’ll try putting them back on just to see if that’ll resolve the issue. I should’ve mentioned earlier that while trying to accelerate my heat hand rises but falls back to normal almost immediately. I’ve read somewhere that a malfunctioning turbo may cause the engine to overheat for a few seconds. I would’ve suggested the charged air cooler but I’m not sold on any one thing just yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts