F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Let's hope they opted for the insurance :eye-roll: how bad did the ding the side of it?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
That looks a lot like a MAF sensor to me and I'm 95% sure the 2011 were MAF and not MAP. My 2013 doesn't have that style sensor.

Reactions: BRoell

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
If you're putting gen 2 raptor shocks on you'll need upper and lower control arms for sure. At least that's what I've been told when trying to piece together raptor front shocks. The rears are plug and play

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
If you're putting gen 2 raptor shocks on you'll need upper and lower control arms for sure. At least that's what I've been told when trying to piece together raptor front shocks. The rears are plug and play
I've been through the whole 'Official Raptor Suspension Swap' (https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/...n/8103-official-raptor-suspension-thread.html) and a bunch of long threads on FRF. To install Gen1 Raptor take-offs you just need the shocks, upper arms, lower arms, CV's, tie rods, and sway bar end links. Rears bolt in with no issue. But its all harder to find at the moment, and what I did find wasn't cheap.

To install Gen 2 Raptor parts you need all the same parts (only from a Gen2), plus you have to modify the coil bucket. The Gen 2 shocks are longer overall so you have to extend the top mounting point. Also it seems like you have to replace the Gen2 front springs with Gen1 springs to avoid clearance issues with the upper arms and CV's. I haven't confirmed yet if moving the mounting point eliminates the clearance issues. We'll find out...

BTW I have an extra set of gen2 front shocks if you need down the road.
And bring on the leverage... almost ready

View attachment 158162
I can definitely respect a man that does his home work ? seems like we're just a few pages away from seeing a full swap completed

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
How much was the full raptor suspension? I was thinking of doing a camburg long travel but your way might be a lot cheaper ?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Are those what I think they are?!

Coated too?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Nailed it!

A box FULL of packing peanuts, and then these. This is as far as I've unpacked them so far, I had to see the coating.

View attachment 158440

Now I just need to find time to install them, this weekends shot.
Man those look a lot better coated ? you did a much better decision than what we discussed! Plus Ryan is using my old dps for his truck

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Two quick updates

1- After installing the downpipes I threw codes for the O2 sensor about every 50 miles. I have since installed the SPD 02 defoulers, the CEL hasn't returned yet. Been 350 miles so far.

2- After some back and forths and a few hurdles, I have officially passed smog lol. Time to go back to normal and start working on tunes. I think next on my list is install the Raptor front end. Windshield and window tints are quickly moving up in priority.

Time to catch up on a few other threads...
I've heard great things about those SPD defoulers. Thankfully my county doesn't require any type of emissions testing here.

Super excited to see a detailed install of the raptor front end because I might be doing all that myself and have a good weekend project. Tint is on mine and my wife's list too. August is a couple weeks away and so is the heat

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Did you just sign me up for a detailed install write up?? :p

I need to pay RPG so they can make the bucket extension, so it'll be a week or 2 at least. The owner(super awesome dude) clued me in on a few more minor snags I'll have to deal with, so I'll document it all for ya.
There's a strong possibility I may have

That would be much appreciated sir. The more I know about doing it the right way the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I would honestly do the suspension up front first with no glass. Then when youre ready to buy a raptor rear end you could buy all the body panels at once. Glass bedsides because they dont need to be perfect and then maybe Raptor +2 fronts if you wanted to do 37's. If not do stockers. Who cares if it looks like a raptor? It hauls way faster than one!

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I'm really glad that both you and @Blown F-150 are doing this type of upgrade for your trucks. It's making me think how I want to do mine and the pros and cons of both. This is an upgrade I can definitely do myself so you guys making the "How-to's" of each on your build threads is awesome ?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I'm glad to see you're catching up on things the truck needs for your comfort what's the fun in a fast truck if doesn't have the creature comforts?

When's the suspension going on too ?

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Sorry if I missed it but which rotors and pads are you using? I had issues with drilled rotors because the chamfering was worn and made them squeal. They look great though

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Short exhaust clip of spinning tires in a tunnel. I’ll upload better quality videos later if wanted

Yeaaaaaaaa....

I'm gonna need better video and sound clips

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I'm a fan of the 701's myself. I feel like the 305 is over used

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
ALumium control arms? I want some
I’ve always wondered if you could take a Raptor Suspension and put some Viking shocks on it to lower it. Then you’d have a wide body dropped truck. Would be dope on a tremor

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Looks good. Just need some spacers for the rear or are you going to source an axle? Getting some glass too?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts