F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

421 - 440 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Fittings ripped all the way through, makes for a not so subtle boost leak. Hoping to get new ones asap so I can drive the truck again...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
What a stupid thing to overlook! I have them in storage, I checked that the oem rubber ones wouldn't fit. Then I guess I just assumed the whole pipe assembly wouldn't work with the front mount intercooler.

Thank you sir, off to storage soon

·
Premium Member
861 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Not too sure. I noticed they were ripping on both passenger and drivers side, and subsequently inquired with Full Race a while ago. Followed up the other day when it ripped all the way through and I believe they're working on finding replacements and figuring out a price.

Might be too oily of air flowing through it, which has me suspecting a turbo seal. But there's not a huge pool of oil when I removed the fitting or anything too fishy. And they have only 15k miles? And its both sides?? The fittings have consistently had some oil residue on the outside, I wipe and check them pretty often but no clue where it would be coming from other than internally.

Other option is too much blow by from when I had my catch can removed?

When I installed them the angle is slightly less than 45 degrees, so there was a slight amount of tension on the interior radius. Definitely not kinked or pinched or anything severe. But I can only assume that has exacerbated the issue since they split directly on that radius..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Man I really can't believe its taken me this long to finally get some progress on the suspension. Just one thing after another been keeping me away.

I had a few hours this afternoon so I rotated the tires and got a little jump on things for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
ALumium control arms? I want some
I’ve always wondered if you could take a Raptor Suspension and put some Viking shocks on it to lower it. Then you’d have a wide body dropped truck. Would be dope on a tremor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BRoell

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Still need alignment. I got sick Saturday so no progress. Then slow moving Sunday and stripped the tie rod to rack. Picked up a tap yesterday and finished it off.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Looks good. Just need some spacers for the rear or are you going to source an axle? Getting some glass too?

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Awesome work!

That Isn’t as much poke as I thought there would be.

How’s the ride?

It should be fantastic, no?

I have a completely different feeling about additional footprint-width accomplished by THIS method! That's geometry that can be leveraged in handling favor.

But yea, it'd have me looking for an axle.

Not an emergency. But I'd have my feelers out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Looks good. Just need some spacers for the rear or are you going to source an axle? Getting some glass too?

Axle and fenders are on my purchase list, fenders are more important because of crunch. I could go spacers for much cheaper and I may as a temporary option. But I'm from So Cal, the land of the lean and pre-runner offsets lol. So as long as the rakes level, it has a faint appeal for me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
Awesome work!

That Isn’t as much poke as I thought there would be.

How’s the ride?

To be honest I expected more as well. When I buy new wheels it'll bring them out even more.

The ride feels great!! More leverage so it lets the shocks work. I have progressive front springs that are softer than OEM Raptor ride initially, stock valving but rebuilt with flutter stacks. Plus I removed the sway bar. So its pretty squishy

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
It should be fantastic, no?

I have a completely different feeling about additional footprint-width accomplished by THIS method! That's geometry that can be leveraged in handling favor.
Fantastic is a fitting word. It feels more planted and stable. Still only minimal road use, I'll do a light shake down soon in the dirt. No serious bruises until a new bumper, rims, and fenders. Then axle, rear springs, and bump stops in the long run.

But yea, it'd have me looking for an axle.

Not an emergency. But I'd have my feelers out.
Bingo. Scanners are on and pinging lol. Just waiting for the right deals as it adds up to quite a bit.

421 - 440 of 453 Posts