F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

441 - 453 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Swapped bumpers. Wasn't really ready for it, but the Raptor one was already sitting in storage and the F150 was bent and catching the tire on sharp turns.

I like it but I don't. Will look better when I put the fenders on. Eventually I'll probably build my own tube bumper, or wait for a good deal on a used one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great! This is exactly what I wanted to do to my '11 and what will be happening on the new one when the warranty is up.

Aside from the 3.5 engine, the fact that we can bolt on cheap "mid travel" parts from the Raptor has been a driving factor in keeping me in an F150. I just can't leave anything alone!

Reactions: BRoell and sleipnir

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
So I've had these fenders sitting around for a while and finally weaseled enough time for a truck distraction. Got em ONR'd, clayed, compounded, polished, and coated with CSL and EXOv4. Yesterday I mounted up one and before I could get the second one installed... my son bumped it and knocked it off the work table in the garage. Have you ever wanted to hurt something you love lol?? Cracked the front piece, scratched the snot out of it, and stole my motivation. Gonna go throw on the passenger side right now

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Man it's getting better and better every time you post. Just need spacers in the rear until you source a raptor rear end

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
I dig it!. Actually a lot.
Messy garage!? Haha. You should see my garage/office/ uhh.. mess.. lol.
Considering the poke you have( -offset) with factory wheels I am assuming spacers?
What size did you use?
Ya I needed front spacers to clear the new upper arms until I buy some new rims. I only needed about 1/2" of spacer but I didn't want to cut my lugs so I grabbed some hubcentric spacers off of facebook. I put on the fronts and it looked even weirder with the fronts 5" wider on each side.

So now I have 2" spacers on all 4 corners

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Man it's getting better and better every time you post. Just need spacers in the rear until you source a raptor rear end
They're already on there lol. Re-Saving for an 18x9 -6 or 0 offset so the fronts will clear the upper arms without the spacer. Then I can remove the fronts and leave the rears (until Raptor axle). Will even it out a little bit more.

These tires are only 275/65/20s, the new setup will only be 35's but should fill out the wheel wells a little more

441 - 453 of 453 Posts