F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
It happened to me....

I have a 2012 F150 Eco boost, I'm pretty anal about taking care of it, I use only non ethanol premium unleaded gas, I change oil every 5000 miles with Amsoil synthetic. A week ago, I was passing a car and was at full throttle, when all of a sudden, BOOM, big noise from the front, blue smoke coming out the back, and coolant coming out everywhere. Had it towed to the Ford dealer, come to find out a rod came apart inside,and put a hole in both sides of the block. It ha 43,000 miles on it, and THANK GOD for the 5 year, 60000 warranty. They ordered a new long block, turbo, and anything else the oil might have come in contact with. The service manger said they have never seen anything like this happen with an ecoboost, has anyone else had issues like this?

Well I have just about the similar issue going on where it looks like a rod has failed and it has blown a hole through the block. I have the Ford ESP plan, and it has now been about three weeks as the decide if they will fix it or not. I am at 93,000 miles on the ESP 100,000 plan. It seems though ever week they want more pictures. Today I had to give the go ahead for them to tear down the engine down, if ESP covers it should not be a problem, if not I owe ford about $1400.00. I just hope this brings some finial resolution to my problem. I also was passing a car at about 3/4 throttle and it gave out. I also have had my oil changed diligent by the oil computer. I am though very frustrated at this point.

Lord Vader

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.