F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tuned with the diablosport trinity? How do you like it?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Has anyone tuned with the diablosport trinity? How do you like it?
I came from an x4 canned tune to Diablosport and it was a huge difference to me. It was closer to a custom tune if your running a canned tune only I prefer Diablo over SCT but custom is better than both and custom tuners like SCT I hear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ic. I'm running the diablosport right now and I'm fairly happy with it. How much psi are you seeing? I've seen as high as 22.5 psi on my 91 tune. It's almost a but scary to see that much boost.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ah ic. I'm running the diablosport right now and I'm fairly happy with it. How much psi are you seeing? I've seen as high as 22.5 psi on my 91 tune. It's almost a but scary to see that much boost.
I never had the trinity just the Intune so I couldn't see how much but it was fast for sure and it was on the 93 tune but I switched back to SCT and got a custom tune it was at about 22 psi when I had it last. Now I just got an Nguage and waiting for a new tune from MPT to come out and that will be my next one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok. Got ya. I'm just really not sure what exactly these motors can handle as far as boost. 22 just seems like so much. That's about 8 psi more than factory. I like it tho! Very fast yes..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I was seeing that high on my 91 tune. I then removed the tune and did a KAM reset, reloaded the tune and relearned the idle and stuff and it then peaked at 18-19. I think there was something off with the first tune I did.

·
Registered
940 Posts
22 pounds is a **** load of boost. On pump gas anyway. That would be OK on race gas or E85.

Every tuner that I know will say only 18 or 19 pounds on pump gas. After that you are rolling the dice. If you guys only have access to 91, I highly advice using Torco as an octane booster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was seeing that high on my 91 tune. I then removed the tune and did a KAM reset, reloaded the tune and relearned the idle and stuff and it then peaked at 18-19. I think there was something off with the first tune I did.
i have the intune and returned it to stock setting to do a KAM reset, but when I disconnected the negative cable on my battery, i was not able to turn on the lights to drain any reserved power as specified in this post: Ford F150 F250 Reset Adaptive memory How to - Ford-Trucks

What steps did you take to do your kam reset?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I totally agree.. I'm always running 91 octane but still, those are high numbers. I was getting that scary rattle chatter sorta deal from 120 km/h upwards right to about 180 ish with my 91 canned tune however, that was right after I installed the afe stage 2 cold air intake and I did not do a kam reset after I installed it so I'm not sure if that would have made all the difference in the world or not. So to be safe I put er back to the mpg tune

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i have the intune and returned it to stock setting to do a KAM reset, but when I disconnected the negative cable on my battery, i was not able to turn on the lights to drain any reserved power as specified in this post: Ford F150 F250 Reset Adaptive memory How to - Ford-Trucks

What steps did you take to do your kam reset?
Your lights WILL NOT turn on as I mentioned in that post. You are turning them on to discharge any capacitors that are still holding power to the ECU to completely remove power. Capacitors can hold a charge for a while after unless you discharge them.

Yes before you tune or after you add anything you need to go to stock (from what ive heard) do a kam reset, retune, then relearn your trims.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey guys i have a problem i have a 2012 fx4 3.5 ecoboost i put a cold air intake on it .and msd coils it put out about 11 psi .so i bought a diablo i3 tuner and went with the 87 tune runs great until wot then i get about 29 psi of boost the valves raise hell and the motor surges has anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Are you sure you are not monitoring Manifold Absolute Pressure? 29 psi MAP would be 14 psi boost, which is about right.

If you hit 29 psi of boost im surprised your engine is still in one piece.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you sure you are not monitoring Manifold Absolute Pressure? 29 psi MAP would be 14 psi boost, which is about right.

well i have my gauge hooked to the back of the intake on the pass side that is where i have the t and with the factory tune its about 11 or 12 psi boost and also if thats the case why would the engine rattle surge and fall on its nose any help thanks rick

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
well i have my gauge hooked to the back of the intake on the pass side that is where i have the t and with the factory tune its about 11 or 12 psi boost and also if thats the case why would the engine rattle surge and fall on its nose any help thanks rick
I have no idea, but get that tune off ASAP. 29 PSI is engine destroying. No one gets anywhere near that on a stock motor. 21-22 is about the most anyone sees.

If its still doing it on the stock tune then I wouldnt even drive the truck until you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
This 29PSI was with a mechanical Boost Gauge?

FYI, only an actual mechanical Boost Gauge will see any PSI above 21.5 (2.5 bar).

The boost taken from the stock sensor or OBDII terminal will never read about 2.5 bar (21.5 psi) as that is it's limit. You would need to change the MAP sensor to a 3 bar (and then retune for the 3bar sensor).

IF this is from a mechanical gauge and you actually are 29 psi, you are not getting enough fuel (as the PCM can only detect a max 21.5 psi with the stock 2.5Bar MAP sensor), so the PCM is not calculating enough fuel for you.

As others said, get rid of that tune now, if the 29 psi reading is from an actual mechanical guage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This 29PSI was with a mechanical Boost Gauge?

FYI, only an actual mechanical Boost Gauge will see any PSI above 21.5 (2.5 bar).

The boost taken from the stock sensor or OBDII terminal will never read about 2.5 bar (21.5 psi) as that is it's limit. You would need to change the MAP sensor to a 3 bar (and then retune for the 3bar sensor).

IF this is from a mechanical gauge and you actually are 29 psi, you are not getting enough fuel (as the PCM can only detect a max 21.5 psi with the stock 2.5Bar MAP sensor), so the PCM is not calculating enough fuel for you.

As others said, get rid of that tune now, if the 29 psi reading is from an actual mechanical guage.
I did put the stock tune back in it and i do have a mechanical gauge i am not fooling with this anymore i will just keep the stock tune in it thank you very much for all your help

·
Registered
99 Posts
I thought the Diablo iTune does a KAM reset when applying a canned tune or restoring back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts