F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone new to forum just upgraded my jeep to a 2012 ford f150 fx4 eco boost. I have had the truck for almost 2 weeks now and i love it. However i noticed today that my remote start is not working. Sometimes i get a sound like it wants to start but it wont. Every other button on the key works, lock unlock and alarm all work just fine however when i press lock, and then the remote start 2x like it says on the key sometimes it will make a noise other times the lights will just blink any idea on what it could be before i make an appointment for the dealer ??

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Hey Everyone new to forum just upgraded my jeep to a 2012 ford f150 fx4 eco boost. I have had the truck for almost 2 weeks now and i love it. However i noticed today that my remote start is not working. Sometimes i get a sound like it wants to start but it wont. Every other button on the key works, lock unlock and alarm all work just fine however when i press lock, and then the remote start 2x like it says on the key sometimes it will make a noise other times the lights will just blink any idea on what it could be before i make an appointment for the dealer ??
There are a ton of threads on this.
1. There is a TSB about the remotes. Basically the gasket only goes one way, so make sure it is correct.
2. They EAT batteries. Change to a fresh remote battery.
3. Check for any codes. The remote start doesn't work if codes are present.

and per the manual
"
The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is not closed
• the transmission is not in P
• the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• your service engine soon light is on.
"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine did same thing... Take the key apart... It should have a little grease on the battery wipe this stuff out best you can and try again like the other post said make sure the gasket is lined back up properly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts