F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 ecoboost that I just purchased 3 months ago. I took it four wheeling this weekend and noticed everytime my wheels were spinning i heard a grinding noise from my engine. Have any of you had this problem before?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have noticed a grinding noise when I put the truck in hill descent mode.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Pretty sure what your hearing is normal.

On my Jeep Liberty with the select tracII it would do the same thing. It is simply the traction control engaging. Since you heard it when your wheels would spin it makes total sense it would be the same on the F150. This would be the same across the board of F150 trucks not dependent on engine choice.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That is usually the sound of the traction control activating the ABS to control wheel spin. It happens all the time up here in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could be your 4x4 actuators. Mine just went out and sounded like grinding from the front of the truck. pretty loud. Once replaced the noise never came back. Its a bellows type of system operated by vacuum. And the gears are plastic and apparently its a common failure. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
44MAG
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing