F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 F150 3.5 ecoboost rough run,P0340, P0345, sensor circuit malfunction VCT issue, pulled right valve cover, cleaned solenoids, replaced cam position sensors, reassembled ran for 15 minutes, stumbled to a halt, wont restart, tries to, rechecked all vacuum lines, 1 loose - reattached. Code, P54A , P0017, P0018, P0019camshaft correlation bank 2 sensor B, P0365 camshaft position sensor B circuit bank1, P0390 camshaft position sensor B circuit bank2.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
My guess is stretched timing chain. Probly needs a full timing job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will a second generation 3.5 ecoboost timing chain set work in the 2012 engine? I have beenreading that a lot of issues have been solved with the newer system

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
will a second generation 3.5 ecoboost timing chain set work in the 2012 engine? I have beenreading that a lot of issues have been solved with the newer system
I would suggest looking online at some of the parts suppliers or online Ford Dealership parts site to cross reference the part numbers. Or call your local Ford dealership's parts department and ask them.
Or just wait for someone who knows to reply here.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
Gen2 3.5 Ecoboost was substantially redesigned in certain aspects. Especially the entire timing chain ensemble. So no sir, not even remotely possible.

Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 6 of 6 Posts