F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
You guys really know how to make a first time buyer start to regret the purchase. Well this thread and most of the other threads. I get it that the problems are usually vocalised more than the praises but this is concerning. Here I am feeling bad door myself just based on history I really feel bad for those that are getting or have been screwed by Ford. I pray all of you get a favorable outcome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
You guys really know how to make a first time buyer start to regret the purchase. Well this thread and most of the other threads. I get it that the problems are usually vocalised more than the praises but this is concerning. Here I am feeling bad door myself just based on history I really feel bad for those that are getting or have been screwed by Ford. I pray all of you get a favorable outcome.

You worry too much. Ford is producing, according to recent reports, north of 60,000 F150s a month. The majority of these trucks are equipped with an Ecoboost - 2.7s and 3.5s. If they were melting down by the thousands, there would be a lot more attention than a few people complaining in a forum. There are literally thousands of happy F150 customers for every person in here talking about problems. You'll also find that many (not all) of the people popping motors have tuned them or installed other power adders... nothing wrong with that, but you do take risks when you crank the power beyond what Ford intended. Plus, we're all *way* pickier than your average customer!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

I saw a study on retail consumers at least 20 years ago. It basically claimed that a customer who had been disappointed with his product or service was 15 times more likely to complain than a customer was to praise his excellent product or service.

There is no doubt that the early Boost engines statistically have certain problems that are higher than the industry norm. In my opinion and perhaps more importantly, it appears that Ford’s lack of dedication to it’s customers overall satisfaction has magnified the number of complaints voiced on these problems many times over. I don’t follow other manufacturers products closely but I’ll bet the scenario is much the same when their trucks have problems. Perhaps the other manufacturers do a better job of satisfying their customers but I’ll bet in the end it all comes down to the mighty dollar.

I don’t have any specific data that makes direct comparisons between manufacturers on their high priority or high dollar problems or failure rates. We know that Mopar has had Hemi valve train oiling problems over the years and was slow to react, we also know that GM’s Vortecs have for years had oil consumption problems where they didn’t step up. There are many examples like these with the Big 3. I don’t know whether or not other manufacturers have been more eager to react and treat customers well when these problems arise but again and it’s only my opinion Ford has definitely come up short in doing so. Hence, we hear complaints at the magnitude we do.

I read the forums and see the various problems discussed all the time and I know that I can go to any other forum that represents a particular model or manufacturer and see the same thing. I simply remind myself that there are millions of these trucks out there and the owners never even think about a problem arising. Drive it, enjoy it, if a problem does come up deal with it then but don’t dwell on problems that may never come your way. Odds are in your favor that you’ll have a great truck.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts

This kinda makes me feel guilty. My intentions to be honest and frank can possibly be misleading, if not taken in full context. As the previous couple of posts point out, Ford sells another F150 every 43 seconds. (24/7/365 based)

Almost unfathomable!

And believe me when I say I'm a huge fan of the Ecoboost. I can buy any truck sold in America and knowing everything I know, even everything posted on this forum I still think the current F150 ecoboost trucks are the best overall engineered package in the world.

The numbers certainly support that I'm not alone.

So breath. :)

In fact, ignore me if it helps.
Enjoy that truck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It's been almost 4 years and you're still running strong! :)
It has been awesome so far. Maybe I got a good one. It’s just the amount of negative forum talk doesn’t leave me all warm and fuzzy. Especially the hole in the block. I’m going to try to keep it for the 10 years of warranty I have.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This kinda makes me feel guilty. My intentions to be honest and frank can possibly be misleading, if not taken in full context. As the previous couple of posts point out, Ford sells another F150 every 43 seconds. (24/7/365 based)

Almost unfathomable!

And believe me when I say I'm a huge fan of the Ecoboost. I can buy any truck sold in America and knowing everything I know, even everything posted on this forum I still think the current F150 ecoboost trucks are the best overall engineered package in the world.

Enjoy that truck!

It definitely isn't any individual's fault. I think it was more just seeing so many threads about overheating issues, piston issues, and fuel in oil issues that it all just started adding up. As I mentioned and a couple others added, I get that this is just the vocal minority and not representative of the entire basis of every F-150 out there. I didn't mention in the earlier post because I had not heard from the dealer but after only 3 weeks my truck was back at the dealer for repair: the home link didn't work, the left front door wasn't aligned properly, and when disengaging cruise control something would rub in the left front wheel. It's a new day and it is all good now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It definitely isn't any individual's fault. I think it was more just seeing so many threads about overheating issues, piston issues, and fuel in oil issues that it all just started adding up. As I mentioned and a couple others added, I get that this is just the vocal majority and not representative of the entire basis of every F-150 out there. I didn't mention in the gcvwr post because I had not heard from the dealer but after only 3 weeks my truck was back at the dealer for repair: the home link didn't work, the left front door wasn't aligned properly, and when disengaging cruise control something would rub in the left front wheel. It's a new day and it is all good now.

I think there is also an "ignorance is bliss" phenomenon where if you don't know about fuel in the oil or timing chain rattle you just don't notice it. Radio turns on at startup and off you go. I wonder how many extended warranties this site ends up selling. Thinking of re-upping powertrain myself for another 5 years.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
As long as I own an ecoboost truck I will always have a nice loooong extended warranty
I think there is also an "ignorance is bliss" phenomenon where if you don't know about fuel in the oil or timing chain rattle you just don't notice it. Radio turns on at startup and off you go. I wonder how many extended warranties this site ends up selling. Thinking of re-upping powertrain myself for another 5 years.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
As long as I own an ecoboost truck I will always have a nice loooong extended warranty

Why????? LMAO!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Loved my 2012 FX4 until the first engine threw a rod at 83K miles, but really pissed when the second engine did the same thing at 90K miles. Patching this POS and driving slowly to the Toyota dealer. Ford Tough? Sure was!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Posts like this will get you banned.

Almost unfathomable!

Enjoy that truck!

Youll love that truck until the engine self destructs and Ford say Tough, as in Ford Tough! POS! My family came from generations of Ford employees and managers! If such a small problem then why doesn't Ford stand behind their product. I'll educate everyone for as long as I can! The high cost of a used Ecoboost engine is because there is a high demand! Think about that while driving to a Toyota dealer!

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Why????? LMAO!!!!!!! :)
Oh I'm sure you know why lol

But I'm not scared to own an EcoBoost truck, I won't let a bad experience with the first generation 2013 sway me.
After all F150 is the number one selling vehicle and the EcoBoost is the number one selling engine in that vehicle.

I spent some extended time in Tundras and I'll just leave it at this, life is short, I would rather take my chance then drive one of those outdated gas-guzzling slugs. Sobs ride like a go cart too.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Youll love that truck until the engine self destructs and Ford say Tough, as in Ford Tough! POS! My family came from generations of Ford employees and managers! If such a small problem then why doesn't Ford stand behind their product. I'll educate everyone for as long as I can! The high cost of a used Ecoboost engine is because there is a high demand! Think about that while driving to a Toyota dealer!
The only thing wrong with your perception is that it doesn't take into account that your experience isn't the same experience that everyone else has had.

It's human nature to take your position, of course.

I read recently that 99.9% of the conflict between human beings is a result of either perception and/or possession.

I pondered a bit and couldn't make much of an argument against the declaration. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
You worry too much. Ford is producing, according to recent reports, north of 60,000 F150s a month. The majority of these trucks are equipped with an Ecoboost - 2.7s and 3.5s. If they were melting down by the thousands, there would be a lot more attention than a few people complaining in a forum. There are literally thousands of happy F150 customers for every person in here talking about problems. You'll also find that many (not all) of the people popping motors have tuned them or installed other power adders... nothing wrong with that, but you do take risks when you crank the power beyond what Ford intended. Plus, we're all way pickier than your average customer!
2012 Stock F150 owned since new and on third engine. Great advertising for Toyota. First engine failed at 83K but told a rarity until the second engine blew at 90K miles. Ford Tough! If such a small problem then Ford should stand behind their product, but why are used engines in huge demand if such a small problem? Dump your Ecoboost as fast as you can. Loved the truck until it cost $9000 for each used engine with installation.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
It sucks but, **** happens. Look up cam Tower leak for Tundra, I belong to a couple Tundra groups and just recently I saw a 2018 and a 2017 go through that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh I'm sure you know why lol

But I'm not scared to own an EcoBoost truck, I won't let a bad experience with the first generation 2013 sway me.
After all F150 is the number one selling vehicle and the EcoBoost is the number one selling engine in that vehicle.

I spent some extended time in Tundras and I'll just leave it at this, life is short, I would rather take my chance then drive one of those outdated gas-guzzling slugs. Sobs ride like a go cart too.

Wait until that Ecoboost throws a rod and you'll wish you had anything else. Ford Tough! Loved mine until the first engine blew. On the third one now and dumping as soon as I can. Any buyers?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts
About this Discussion
112 Replies
42 Participants
meaz93
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing