F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ecoboost new.jpg Day One ecoboost.jpg Billet Grill Insert ecoboost1.jpg 20% Tint ATX Wheels ecoboost2.jpg Heartthrob Exhaust 5inch Stainless Tip, Raptor Series Running Boards,Sct Tuner, Custom Windshield Decal ecoboost teardown.jpg Tear Down ecobeast.jpg Fab Four Bumpers, Towing Mirrors Painted White, Fender Flares ecobeast1.jpg ecobeast2.jpg ecobeast3.jpg ecobeast4.jpg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them alot. you can see everything out of them. I also like the puddle lamps underneath at night it brightens it up alot

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tow mirrors are soooo much nicer as far as function goes!
I freaking love the bumpers on the truck and color matched (any issues with paint holding up?). And did you just trim up the fender lip?

sweeet build

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Like the bumpers and the color matched mirrors. Would like to get a set for mine. Windshield decal is sweet too!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ak Kingboost. Everything i have heard has said that paint holds up better than powder coat. it flexs beter than the hard powder coat. and i had my painter cut the flares for them to fit on there with the bumper since i had to remove the painted piece under headlights.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
akmedic77. thanks i think everything turned out pretty nice. the windsheild decal is one of a kind that is why i like it so much havent saw it anywhere else

·
Registered
589 Posts
ak Kingboost. Everything i have heard has said that paint holds up better than powder coat. it flexs beter than the hard powder coat. and i had my painter cut the flares for them to fit on there with the bumper since i had to remove the painted piece under headlights.
That is awesome. I really want a heavy duty bumper for up here and the wildlife that cross the roads. One so it holds up better if I smack one and two the additional lighting I can install on it. I just didn't want black powder coat as I have copper bronze with the two tone adobe tan and don't think it would look right. But seeing that it holds up nicely and can be color match with little effort I am on board for working to make that project happen.
Again that is a sick looking ride and thanks for the helpful info!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I was going to ask about the windshield decal, but since its a one of a kind...don't think I could get away with it in AK. Can have a 5" Tinted Brow, but not sure about a full decal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was going to ask about the windshield decal, but since its a one of a kind...don't think I could get away with it in AK. Can have a 5" Tinted Brow, but not sure about a full decal.

Let me know what you find out as I want something up on the windshield as well to go with tint and more over block out some of the daylight

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Paraphrasing 13 AAC 4.223:
- eyebrow of 5" but it doesn't say anything about a full decal
- 70% Visible Light Transference (VLT) on front and passenger, 40% VLT on back and rear side windows (stock/factory is usually 30-40%)
- Doctors note for the front to 40%

I also found out it is a SECONDARY not a PRIMARY offense. May be different for the Muni of Anchorage, but the officer that pulled me over only cited me for the tint.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Let me know what you find out as I want something up on the windshield as well to go with tint and more over block out some of the daylight
Guess to answer your question, AAC says tinting material. A 5" eyebrow. Semantics...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Humm... Good to know although I don't know if 5" is enough to do much of anything will have to measure. With the tint I never had any issues outside of Anchorage but rolling through the city I would be pulled over within minutes...

·
Registered
329 Posts

You can have a custom Decal so long as it meets the same requirements of the law as tint. I used to drive a Monte Carlo that had a decal accross its windshield when I lived in Anchorage. I think that it is either 4 or 5 inches at the most though.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I had no other citations but the tint. While I realize it was too dark (meaning not legal), I don't want to give them (APD or AST) any excuse to pull me over. It would look really nice though, as my truck is white too!

You can have a custom Decal so long as it meets the same requirements of the law as tint. I used to drive a Monte Carlo that had a decal accross its windshield when I lived in Anchorage. I think that it is either 4 or 5 inches at the most though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Agree with both of you on the decal and tint... AKMedic the tint real did make the truck pop!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep not a problem... these bumpers are like 3/16 steel and the front one weighs like 200lbs so i think they are strong enough to hold up lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
About this Discussion
73 Replies
15 Participants
leverkyle
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing