F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else out there have trouble with their keypad? Mine lights up but my code will not open the door. Would this be a software issue?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Does anyone else out there have trouble with their keypad? Mine lights up but my code will not open the door. Would this be a software issue?
Hi SilverFX4EB2012,

Have you mentioned your misbehaving keypad to the dealer? If not, I'd recommend that as a next step. How many miles are on your truck currently?

Crystal

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you haven't already taken it to the dealer look for the default code. It can be found with the manuals that came with the truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 F150 Lariat 4wd EB. The factory code does not work. Locking the door by simultaneously pushing the 7-8 & 9-0 buttons works. I have tried the procedure to erase any personal code. Still no luck. I would like to exhaust all possibilities before taking it to a dealer. Any ideas?

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just purchased a 2011 F150 Lariat 4wd EB. The factory code does not work. Locking the door by simultaneously pushing the 7-8 & 9-0 buttons works. I have tried the procedure to erase any personal code. Still no luck. I would like to exhaust all possibilities before taking it to a dealer. Any ideas?
Did you remove the kick panel on the passenger side foot well and look inside by the two wiring harnesses? White sticker by the upper harness plug with 5 digits and a bar code is the master code.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I thought you can use the 2 keys method in the ignition to get it to display on the dash.
The PATS contains the key code for cutting keys, but not the code for the key pad.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You got me thinking so I went out and did it. It gave me the code and I used that code and the locks work. Now it makes me think when I sell my truck I can get in it anytime I want. I have changed the code but I guess the factory one always stays and can't be cleared?

·
Registered
728 Posts
You got me thinking so I went out and did it. It gave me the code and I used that code and the locks work. Now it makes me think when I sell my truck I can get in it anytime I want. I have changed the code but I guess the factory one always stays and can't be cleared?
Correct. Unless the module has been replaced or reprogrammed - the master always works. Same as if someone has they key code a key can be cut.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you remove the kick panel on the passenger side foot well and look inside by the two wiring harnesses? White sticker by the upper harness plug with 5 digits and a bar code is the master code.
Yes. It matches the code on the pocket card with the owner’s manual. Still did not work. The simultaneous 7-8 9-0 button push to lock does work. I also tried the procedure to erase any personal codes. Still no luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I did.That code matches the code on the card with the owners manual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts