F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally got my truck to the dealer today, they won't get to it until Thursday. I will keep everyone updated. He mentioned the vacuum pump when I explained what was going on. He also said it will be covered under warranty, is there any reason why they would cover the vacuum pump at 83,000 miles? Or did the previous owner purchase some kind of extended warranty that I don't know about?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just got my truck back, vacuum pump was replaced free of charge. They checked the oil pressure and said all was good, the ticking is there all the time even when warmed up. So they were a little confused because the tsb for the timing chain refers only to cold starts. But they definetly said the noise is coming from the front cover area, they want $2700 to fix whatever the problem is. I will be doing this project on my own as I don't have that kind of money right now. Are there any parts I should replace besides for the ones listed on the timing chain tsb?

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Don't follow the timing chain tsb. Get the newest phaser and timing chain tsb do it all and change the tensioner and oil and filter.

·
Registered
660 Posts
what is the latest TSB? Anyone got an exact copy of parts?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
And make sure it isn't the exhaust manifold. Mine made a ticking sound only noticeable at idle for quite a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I bought a 2012 f150 in December of last year. Picked it up with 70,000 miles it currently has 83k on it, completely stock. Last weekend it started ticking and it's definitely wasn't something that was there before. It's not a terrible loud ticking but enough that I'm concerned that it wasn't doing it before. I travel for work so I put on around 800-900 miles since the problem started. No change in noise and runs great. It only does it at idle and seems like more noticeable when warmed up. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
I have a 2012 with same problem and have changed the timing chain. Did you ever figure it out?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This thread is over 3 years old. While I appreciate you using the search function, you'll get more response if you post a video of the sound, the general location, under what circumstances you hear it, etc. in a new thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts