F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 f150 ecoboost is surging at approximately 1/3 throttle when the engine is not fully warmed up. Once the engine is warmed up it goes away. It sounds like the waste gate is popping off when it does it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Came here to find the answer to this as well. Mine does this with and with out a tune. With a tune the problem is exacerbated and the truck shakes pretty bad. My RPMS flutter real bad and can hear waste gate or BOV cycling constantly. Mine did throw a flashing check engine light but the went off. I tried to check codes with X4 but it said there was no codes.

Also mine does this even when the engine is warmedup.

2011 eco with 115,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
My 2012 f150 ecoboost is surging at approximately 1/3 throttle when the engine is not fully warmed up. Once the engine is warmed up it goes away. It sounds like the waste gate is popping off when it does it. Any thoughts?
Def seems like the wastegates are cycling. Check for possible bad vacuum hose, or suspect wastegate solenoids/connection. In the meantime, let it warm up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. I took my truck to the local Ford dealer last November and it was determined that the waste gate on the right hand turbo was stuck closed. They replaced the turbo and the noise went away. Unfortunately, now I have new noises. Now it is buzzing while under moderate to heavy throttle. It also had a loss of power. I took it to the dealer again and they corrected a couple vacuum leaks which seems to have corrected the loss of power but the noise remains. I replaced the solenoids to the waste gates on both sides thinking that they may be the culprit. This did not correct the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
f150ecoboost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing