F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, i didnt know there was an f150 ecoboost forum. So i was posting a little bit on f150forums.com
Anyways ill start here, picked up this brand new 2012 F150 Ecoboost a month ago with less than 50 miles on the odometer. Within a week of owning it i threw on a 6'' procomp lift kit with XD wheels. Couldn't stand the factory height. Dont plan to do much anymore except find a mean ass exhaust! If you have suggestions Ill gladly appreciate it. Ill be doing some searching around here anyways. Hope you guys enjoy!:D

Current:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Before:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

I also own a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport. Also have that lifted on 6'' procomp lift kit with some XD wheels :D
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sweet EcoBeast!

Welcome to the site and congratulations on the new EcoBeast. You will find mixed reviews on exhaust. Most provide great HP/TQ increases, but sound like a fart. It has been the consensus from what I have seen that you cannot make this engine sound great.

SPPD

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the lifted truck club! Looks good man! What are rims and tires spec?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sweet setup on the new Eco glad you found the right site lol! There are a couple of threads one especially with a list of YouTube video clips on just EcoBoost exhaust but like SPPD mentioned it is hit or miss at best as far as sound goes...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Awesome truck man! That photo really makes me want to lift mine 6"!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice ride I love the look of the truck. I'm going up 6 inches as well, mid to late summer I hope... As for exhaust I just got the heartthrob. I haven't installed it yet but it to my ears has the best sound and it is a mean looking exhaust, 4" is no joke lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice ride I love the look of the truck. I'm going up 6 inches as well, mid to late summer I hope... As for exhaust I just got the heartthrob. I haven't installed it yet but it to my ears has the best sound and it is a mean looking exhaust, 4" is no joke lol.
Would u compare it to a riverboat lol? I want a real loud throaty sound!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Would u compare it to a riverboat lol? I want a real loud throaty sound!
Truly it's the most "throaty" sound to my ears and taste but it will never sound like a meaty V8 the turbos will never let it... I love it's now that is on a lill more drone than I thought it was going to have but now after a few days of driving a ton I don't note it at all unless I want to.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Reactions: Kc311

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Truly it's the most "throaty" sound to my ears and taste but it will never sound like a meaty V8 the turbos will never let it... I love it's now that is on a lill more drone than I thought it was going to have but now after a few days of driving a ton I don't note it at all unless I want to.
Thanks I did some YouTube searches but they don't do justice. From all the reviews though, I'll probably be going with the heartthrob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts