F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. 93 is sparse in my neck of the woods.
And even more so after all this silliness.
So I decides to give our dear friends over at unleashed a jingle to whip up this young whippersnapper a proper e30 tune.
That was this afternoon.
Couple hours later I have an e30 file in my email..
Can you imagine the frustration I am feeling getting it that fast!?
I mean hell.. I just put 36 gallons of 91 in her last night!! I am absolutely dieing over here! 🤣🤣.. I am even contemplating pumping out my tank and giving it to a buddy just so I can get this ol' gal jigglin' her legs down the highway the right way..
But I digress...
Sure is gonna be a fun weekend, or monday which ever gets here 1st!.

I did snag an e85 test kit, and I am eyeballing 10 gallon quick fill tanks.

Anyone running e30 on the older gen 1 ecoboosts?
Thoughts, insights , etc
. Etc...?

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Apparently Torrie is at unleashed.
Yes, he is the tuner with unleashed(he might own it?)The guy has a reputation for responding incredibly fast and at all hours.

He tuned my Lincoln LS back when I was in college in 2006.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
Awww come on old man. It's mass-hole. Lol

It was sarcasm, or facetious, or tongue in cheek, or

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
I see. The subtleness of an inside joke can be missed when one isn’t familiar with the circumstance. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
I see. The subtleness of an inside joke can be missed when one isn’t familiar with the circumstance. Thanks.
I'm guessing it's your coffee brand or style?
Maybe a lump of sugar will help?

Or, even better, come to the forum BEFORE watching the news? Lol

Life is richer with a healthy dose of folly. (I just made that up. I could be wrong)

By the way, if I haven't mentioned it, you're my favorite forum cop.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I was playing off the fact that the OP said he was frustrated that he got his tune so fast and still had a full tank of 91.

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
I get it now. Not knowing the circumstance or your relationship/interactions with Torrie, I felt the need to protect him. It’s all good.

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
I'm guessing it's your coffee brand or style?
Maybe a lump of sugar will help?

Or, even better, come to the forum BEFORE watching the news? Lol

Life is richer with a healthy dose of folly. (I just made that up. I could be wrong)

By the way, if I haven't mentioned it, you're my favorite forum cop.

Yeah, I’ve often thought you get along just fine with me if you got to know me. Coffee? What is that?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
So. 93 is sparse in my neck of the woods.
And even more so after all this silliness.
So I decides to give our dear friends over at unleashed a jingle to whip up this young whippersnapper a proper e30 tune.
That was this afternoon.
Couple hours later I have an e30 file in my email..
Can you imagine the frustration I am feeling getting it that fast!?
I mean hell.. I just put 36 gallons of 91 in her last night!! I am absolutely dieing over here! .. I am even contemplating pumping out my tank and giving it to a buddy just so I can get this ol' gal jigglin' her legs down the highway the right way..
But I digress...
Sure is gonna be a fun weekend, or monday which ever gets here 1st!.

I did snag an e85 test kit, and I am eyeballing 10 gallon quick fill tanks.

Anyone running e30 on the older gen 1 ecoboosts?
Thoughts, insights , etc
. Etc...?

no need to drain the tank, just get that sucker to about 68% full then fill the rest up with e85 (using an ethanol calculator of course to make sure the calculation is correct)

I do that often with my 5 star tune, my 91 performance tune absolutely blows doors but it seems like it never fails I tell myself I’m going to run it a full tank and then shortly after filling up I want to throw my E30 tune on haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I run a unleashed 93 performance,
And now there e30 tune.
They have been super responsive in getting my tunes to me and my questions answered.
It was my poor use of sarcasm that lead us down this path.

Just for them record "mass-hole"
I knew you were just being sarcastic..

Between unleasheds customer service and amazing tunes I dont think I have ran across any actually bashing kr nay saying of torrie or unleashed.
They have a great business model.
Truthfully.
Ok ok, I have kissed enough tukis here.

They really have a great online presence and reputation.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Stickerslapper, make sure you send a data log to Torrie to see how your fuel pumps are holding up.

I can only run about E23 (actually measured) on my Gen 1 because my In-Tank fuel pump just doesn't pump enough and I run lean while running E30 in WOT.

I am waiting for my In-Tank fuel upgrade pump kit but it's trapped right now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stickerslapper, make sure you send a data log to Torrie to see how your fuel pumps are holding up.

I can only run about E23 (actually measured) on my Gen 1 because my In-Tank fuel pump just doesn't pump enough and I run lean while running E30 in WOT.

Most definitely!.
I will be keeping a close eye on gauges/data log. I am going to pick up a new upgraded lpfp in the next week or so.

Even if it's not needed yet, I am planning to do the hplp and get torries e85 tune. . .

By the way,
I uploaded the e30 tune this morning. I havent pushed it yet, but it is way more responsive with just mild input.
Much more enjoyable to drive. .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Holy freak monster Grim!
Now that is how this truck should feel!!.
And you were spot on, i wont he able to get on it until I install a lpfp.
( ordering on tonight)
I attempted a locked out 3rd gear pull @ about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, an I watched my my fuel rail pressure rise up into the 2000s then plumet to 1300 ish.. while I was still in it.
But as long as I'm not trying to do a 3rd gear pull it keeps pressure up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I pulled up the data log when I got home.
The rail pressure kept up everywhere .
Afr was only hitting .78-.8 @ 17lbs.

There wasnt an afr dip or spike or lack there of, with the rail pressure dip, but I would think it should be more like .7-.75ish. Maybe that just straight e85 though. I'm to pooped to try and do all that in my noggin at the moment.
Thoughts?
20200611_200139.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I learned what you meant by your pump being "trapt".
Gonna safely assume you ordered a walbro pump?

I ordered a walbro 39/80 yesterday, and they got back to me and told me the factory is still shut down with no date to re-open.
I changed it up and went with my second choice and picked up the deatschwerks dw400. Looking forward to seeing how far down the rabbit hole this will take me.🤣

1 - 20 of 175 Posts