F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
184 Posts
I have 40litres of e85 if you need some on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Potentially! We will see how much I make it up there with! Should be enough for the night we'll see, I appreciate it!

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd

·
Registered
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Just my opinion, but one thing you will miss out on if you try to get dual OEM HPFP's to work, is pressure. I'm seeing a huge benefit on timing and being able to push the stock injectors farther with the XDI pump. I'm basically spraying at a 1000 more PSI than the stock HPFP could ever dream of.

I'm on e30 (current tank is 35% according to my gauge). At 21psi, I'm seeing 18.5, ramping up to 20.5* of timing on a locked 3rd gear pull. My fuel rail Pressure starts around 2000psi and tops at 3300psi.
You have been you of the fellas I have intended to speak with when I get to that point.
From what I have read on here and what Grim has mentioned you have done quite abit and gone far with this platform.

Which xdi, is that the 35, or 60. ?Excuse me if I mislabeled them I am juggling a few thoughts at the moment.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
You have been you of the fellas I have intended to speak with when I get to that point.
From what I have read on here and what Grim has mentioned you have done quite abit and gone far with this platform.

Which xdi, is that the 35, or 60. ?Excuse me if I mislabeled them I am juggling a few thoughts at the moment.
You're on the right track if you are chasing Gen1 moding. In my opinion he's got one of the most sorted trucks, especially if you aren't wanting to narrow the focus of the mission. In other words, that truck isn't an all out street truck, nor is it an all out off road truck. (no extreme lowering or raising, if you know what I mean)

Instead, to me it's as versatile as the oem truck was intended to be. Only its better at all of it, in almost every aspect. But there's a LOT there, if you are paying attention. Tons of detail.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts

Feel free to shoot me a DM if you’re looking for some info.

The 35% pump can do 2900ish psi and the 60% pump is capable of 3600ish psi. I’m only pushing the 60% to around 3300psi.

My mod list is in my build thread “slowly making progress”

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
You're on the right track if you are chasing Gen1 moding. In my opinion he's got one of the most sorted trucks, especially if you aren't wanting to narrow the focus of the mission. In other words, that truck isn't an all out street truck, nor is it an all out off road truck. (no extreme lowering or raising, if you know what I mean)

Instead, to me it's as versatile as the oem truck was intended to be. Only its better at all of it, in almost every aspect. But there's a LOT there, if you are paying attention. Tons of detail.

Thanks Bruce!

It’s certainly not the fastest out there, but I do think it’s well rounded for lots of fun.

It’s not too slow though, I surprised a Porsche turbo (‘07 vintage)Twice this afternoon. He couldn’t catch me from a dig to before we had to lift at 70.

·
Registered
2012 f150 3.5 platinum 4x4
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
That was on 93. Im wondering if I could do a e15 or e10 but its to late in the season now and I wanna hit the track the next two fridays so I really cant risk being stuck with a tank of fuel that i cant use. I currently need to burn off this half tank or at least a 1/4 tank so i can get some 94 back in and go back to the 94 tune otherwise ill be a pit crew/ camera man this friday for @Blown F-150 ; and @looqw ; haha

I think im gonna try to get my 12 on 93 and then revisit ethanol next year. I can say though torrie has got the truck pushing some really good power and im really happy that it can stay within the same 10’th hot lapping it.

Ill dyno the truck not this weekend but next and see where it sits power wise.

Sounds he is/has been building in the same direction I am heading.
Not race/drag truck not an all out off road monster, some where in between. Plus it gives me something to do when Im not working. 😆
Appreciate all the input you fellas add.

Reactions: Mikey_Ltd
201 - 206 of 206 Posts