F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
As I told Grim the other day, come hell or high water This is getting done this weekend!

Just dropped the tank. Time to get busy!

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Do you have anyone helping you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Do you have anyone helping you?
No, I've always been a solo kinda guy.
Think i am just wired to work that way.
Why do you ask?

So the comment about hell or high water apperantly came to test that statement.
The work on this went smooth, it's pretty simple and straight forward, except i order the wrong size crimps.
( drive around looking for replacements, go to leave the store and expedition wont start. )1hr or so of dicking around to find a broken starter wire.
( Minnesota for ya/salt ) i rig a jumper with cables to get back , rebuild the pump, by that time its raining, 8 in the morning still raining.
I think i should have kept that comment to myself. ! 🤣
Wouldn't be a big deal but my truck wont fit in the garage so its half in half out.

Pulled of the hell part, here comes the high water
🤣. Honestly not that bad, do what ya gotta do.

I have tons of picks, and found solutions to a couple things Grim might find useful.
Going to toss the tank in now and get some longs this after noon.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Awesome post @Stickerslapper!

Good storytelling

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
wait I missed it, what are you doing? :D

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
wait I missed it, what are you doing? :D
@Stickerslapper2pointo modified a LPFP Assembly (as did I as well as a couple others). Now he is installing the modifed LFPF into his fuel tank. Mine is going in on August 11.

Hopefully, this LPFP will cure a fueling issue he has been happening with his truck (as do I and a couple of others).

As well we are going to compare the results to installing a HPFP without doing the LPFP, to see which route is better (as well as easier) ... HPFP or LFPF Assembly. From an ease of install, the prize goes to HPFP. And when I start adding up all the cost of the parts (both good and later found incorrect, to the final correct parts), my cost is starting to get there.

I am still building a second LPFP Assembly (Version 2), that I will install later. My Version 1 followed the OEM method of straining fuel - which I want to improve it with better filtration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Alright all-right..!

I gently "tossed" the lpfp in over last weekend and had torrie send over a revision Monday after do data logging with the new pump. .
I have had all week driving back and forth to jobs.

There is a lot , And I do mean A LOT for us to talk about here.

Before we get all hot and heavy into all the stats, and pros and this-isis and thats, I am going to wait until Grim gets his in on the 11th of aug..
Grim went with walbro( my 1st choice )
I went with the dw400. .
Curious what differences ( if any ) that are noticed!.

There will be tons of data shared, and tons of pics uploaded for anyone that is curious as to the process.

For now,
I will leave you with this.

It's not the same truck it was the week before.

And to all a wonderful weekend, ho ho ohhhh, wait it's just now Aug, and I'm not santi -Claus! 🤣🤣
You guys have a good weekend!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alright all-right..!

I gently "tossed" the lpfp in over last weekend and had torrie send over a revision Monday after do data logging with the new pump. .
I have had all week driving back and forth to jobs.

There is a lot , And I do mean A LOT for us to talk about here.

Before we get all hot and heavy into all the stats, and pros and this-isis and thats, I am going to wait until Grim gets his in on the 11th of aug..
Grim went with walbro( my 1st choice )
I went with the dw400. .
Curious what differences ( if any ) that are noticed!.

There will be tons of data shared, and tons of pics uploaded for anyone that is curious as to the process.

For now,
I will leave you with this.

It's not the same truck it was the week before.

And to all a wonderful weekend, ho ho ohhhh, wait it's just now Aug, and I'm not santi -Claus!
You guys have a good weekend!
Glad to hear its working good. We are installing my new assembly today. Already got the revision for the lpfp pump setup and 3 bar map from torrie. Emailed him last night and got it 8 minutes after. Can wait to get this in and dialed in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Um, that ah skinny pedal to the right,
Yeah that one, you know the one that has put smiles on your face since you were a wee lad. Yeah, just mash that for a few hrs.
Problem solved. 😆🤣🤣.
Eco my butt!! Pulling 13mpg with the e30 tune . Ahhhh play things
Was 10.5 before the pump install tho.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Um, that ah skinny pedal to the right,
Yeah that one, you know the one that has put smiles on your face since you were a wee lad. Yeah, just mash that for a few hrs.
Problem solved. 😆🤣🤣.
Eco my butt!! Pulling 13mpg with the e30 tune . Ahhhh play things
Was 10.5 before the pump install tho.
So you are saying you are noticing a 2.5mpg (about 25%) increase in fuel economy due to the bigger LPFP?

Maybe the PCM can finally give the CORRECT amount fuel due to the higher flow rate of the LPFP.

It will be interesting if I too notice an increase in fuel economy. I am not expecting any. But I am due for a happy surprise (instead of the crappy surprises I seem to get).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
So you are saying you are noticing a 2.5mpg (about 25%) increase in fuel economy due to the bigger LPFP?

Maybe the PCM can finally give the CORRECT amount fuel due to the higher flow rate of the LPFP.

It will be interesting if I too notice an increase in fuel economy. I am not expecting any. But I am due for a happy surprise (instead of the crappy surprises I seem to get).
I havent ran any of my other tunes yet,
But on this one particular tune yes about a 2.5 mpg increase in mpg.
One thing i have noticed, is that my pulse width was cut in half.
Before it was having to puke fuel at near 14,000 milsec.( or whatever the value is named ) and now I am seeing 6-8k . That is half the time open, allow a finer spray, better atomization, ( less fuel ) .
I was only monitoring the values on hard hits or wot, but i would think it corrected the pulse width across the board.

One thing to keep in mind, i am not saying or suggesting that a swapping out a new oem pump with this pump will generate the same results, i am quite certain that I had a weaker pump from the day bought this truck. ( used mine you ) .
It always seemed like there should be a little more there. ( i have always had a kinda " in tune" thing with my fun vehicles)
Also, i was showing dips in my 1st rev. 93 perf. Tune. .
At the time i didn't think much about it. But looking back things started adding up.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it is the pump itself, or the filter/fpr valve was getting clogged and it was making the stock pump work harder to get the same or less then stock flow when the tuners tune up the pressure .

Not sure how well you can see the grit, but it was only in the basket. Not in the tank it self. I think the filter material was coming apart. I still intend on cutting into the filter to see what we have going on. But best guess with how far i have gone at this point.

Reactions: snakebitten
161 - 173 of 173 Posts