F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy and I had to settle all of the sh$t talking we've been doing since I decided to buy a new eb. The dodge had 3.55, Vera ram intake, custom tune, and exhaust. While, my eb was completely stock with 3.73's. I'll upload the video shortly, but I smash him off the line, and he finally catches me right around the 1/4 mile mark.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FF0GMQysbSM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MATTWAYNE07

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good stuff!

·
Registered
329 Posts
LoL, your stock EB wasted him on that 1/4 mile. Good work.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice run!

SPPD

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It took him roughly 20 seconds to pass you. The 1/4 race was long over by then. The youtube clock was at about 22 seconds when he passed and it took you all a little over a second to start so I'd say you whipped his ass. He slept at the line but hey you can't drive both trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
It took him roughly 20 seconds to pass you. The 1/4 race was long over by then. The youtube clock was at about 22 seconds when he passed and it took you all a little over a second to start so I'd say you whipped his ass. He slept at the line but hey you can't drive both trucks.
Went back and watched times... Race started at :01 and the ram got parallel at :22.

As Wendy stated, you were we'll passed 1/4 mile in 21 seconds!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't realize it until we actually timed the video. I ran against a 08 ram 1500 2wd last night. We made three passes, two from a dead stop, and one rolling from thirty. I steadily walked on him every pass. I really want to go up against a tundra while my eb is still stock. Which, won't be for long....:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try on a 5.7 tundra while he launches in 4 high and I bet you won't like the results (unless you are tuned). The stock tundra can hit a low 14 that way because of their 4.30 gears. Most tundra guys don't have the balls to launch like that though so they live with a 2wd launch and the hyperactive nannies which cost a second or so to 60.

I'm not trying to disrespect the eb...just trying to give you some information as I will be out of my silverado 6.2 and into an ecoboost soon for better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try on a 5.7 tundra while he launches in 4 high and I bet you won't like the results (unless you are tuned). The stock tundra can hit a low 14 that way because of their 4.30 gears. Most tundra guys don't have the balls to launch like that though so they live with a 2wd launch and the hyperactive nannies which cost a second or so to 60.

I'm not trying to disrespect the eb...just trying to give you some information as I will be out of my silverado 6.2 and into an ecoboost soon for better fuel mileage.
Yeah, i'm not expecting to win, and if i do not by much. I just want to get a feel as to where i stand against the competition before i start playing around with some mods.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Yeah, i'm not expecting to win, and if i do not by much. I just want to get a feel as to where i stand against the competition before i start playing around with some mods.
I cannot say anything about "off the line" but I recently came across a Tundra 5.7 on the Freeway. It was no contest, I just pulled away from him as if he was dragging a boat anchor.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cannot say anything about "off the line" but I recently came across a Tundra 5.7 on the Freeway. It was no contest, I just pulled away from him as if he was dragging a boat anchor.
I happened to race a extended cab with the 5.7 the other night. It was the same story as with the dodge, except he stuck with me (within a length) until I hit the speed limiter. Idk what gears he had, but from what I hear only the big tow package is fast.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I am actually quite surprised by the performance of the Ecoboost. It wasn't the reason I bought it ... but it sure is nice to have. And I too accidentally hit the speed limiter. I think it's time to get rid of that hindrance.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am actually quite surprised by the performance of the Ecoboost. It wasn't the reason I bought it ... but it sure is nice to have. And I too accidentally hit the speed limiter. I think it's time to get rid of that hindrance.
Definitely time to to get rid of the limiter, and the performance is one of the main reasons I bought the eb. As soon as I test drove it I had to have it. I've never owned a truck besides my built 86 c10 that had that kind of pull from the line.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm programmed so I don't have the rev limiter issues! LMS 93 performance....
As soon as I get back from Singapore, mine will too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts