F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Hopefully someone with advanced knowledge of this system has the correct info for me.
I have a 2013 xlt-xtr screw with the new 4.2"lcd midgrade system.
I am looking at installing these as follows
1 four channel interior amp
2 four kicker or mb quart 6x8's in the doors
3 sub amplifer
4 2 10" subs under the rear seat

That all being said i know i need to eliminate the factory bass rolloff with an integration module, however i am on a budget.
Should i blow a large load on the audiocontrol LCQ1 or LC7I?
Should i just get the JL Cleansweep CL-SSI?

What is my best option for using my factory head unit.
I have searched the site and not found the info i am looking for as this only pertains to 13-14 midgrade audio systems

·
Registered
57 Posts
God this place needs an audio video section. Interested to see how this goes I got an 2014 fx4 coming that I want to add subs and change some speakers in.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'm running four Rockford T1's in the door, but the lack of mid-range kills me. I may be amping very soon.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinkin of a rockford 3sixty.2 or possibly 3sixty.1 if cheap enough.
The 3sixty.3 while badass is way out of my price range at over $550.00.
These units are programmed through a bluetooth device.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thinkin of a rockford 3sixty.2 or possibly 3sixty.1 if cheap enough.
The 3sixty.3 while badass is way out of my price range at over $550.00.
These units are programmed through a bluetooth device.
The LC7i can be had for $140-$170 on ebay from reputable sellers. Thats not too bad in my opinion. I would love to use the JBL MS8 personally

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welp i think i have figured it out.
Just ordered an Atrend dual 10" sealed box and 2 kicker comp 10s.
Got an Audison SRX1 in trade on an r/c that i had to power the subs.
Going to buy 4 kicker 6x8s and run my oldschool (1995) Alpine MRV-400 for the interior.
With that being said i just need to decide on the oem integration unit based on budget.
Either the Audiocontrol LCQ-1, Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2(3sixty.3 is badass but not for 600.00+dollars) or the JL Cleansweep and DSP.
Will be a month or two before the parts are assembled and the install completed, but should cure my trucks crappy sound system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the wiring for the climate control and stereo compatible with that of the standard stereo and climate control setup without the 4.2 inch screen.

If so, we could just get the regular bezel and climate control assembly then install whatever aftermarket stereo we want.
Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did everything i wanted to do and alot of wiring, worked out perfect.
All controlled with the factory 4.2" stereo a bass knob and a rockford 360.2.
Mounted amps and 360 onthe wall behind the rear seats and sounds amazing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I went into a stereo shop yesterday to talk to somebody I trust about upgrading the system. I worked for him at a different stereo shop when I was in college doing alarm/remote start/mobile video and custom stereo work. He said they have had very good luck just installing a better 4 channel amp for mids and highs and a better sub/enclosure and amp. He also mentioned that the factory amp has to be left installed because it's part of the can system. I'm going to have them install an alpine PDX.V9 and a couple 8" is a custom enclosure.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What's the verdict on something like the JL Cleansweep?

I was thinking about installing one instead of amping the doors.

·
Registered
394 Posts
He didn't have a very high opinion of the clean sweep but he had nothing but blazing glory things to say about the Rockford unit. They are a top tier retailer for Rockford, JL, Alpine, Kicker and a few others

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'd go with Rockford too, but I'm wanting to know if these devices will cure my bass roll off.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The rockford does fix the bass roll off.
However you must, amp the doors to do so, at that point it's well worth getting a nice set of door speakers and ditching the tiny ford ones.
The 360.2 i have is badass and can be had for between 200-250 these days.
The 360.3 is even more badass but i wouldn't pay the 600 they want for it.
You need to run all of your speaker inputs into the rockford, then you have rca outs for your amps.
Installing the rockford alone without amping the doors will not do anything for the interior speakers as they would have no out from the rockford, which is where the signal is redone.
If you use the rockford and then just install subs, it does give you bass but, it is overpowering for the crappy factory speakers and head unit amp.
Running 10w rms with bass roll off ,vs the 75 watts rms with no bass roll off is just incredible to my kicker cs68s and sounds amazing.
Then two kicker 10s under the rear seat with a moddist audison srx1 at 380watts rms, just makes it sound super complete.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I already have Rockford T1's I the doors and a shallow 12" under the rear seat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice
Your still using the factory head unit amp though?
If so, it's a huge difference amping them with 50watts+ rms and a 3sixty.2 or 3.
Stay away from the 3sixty.1, bluetooth problems and a small eq.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'll be interested to see how the factory speakers sound amp'd but I'd like to have a rear equalizer. The factory one is a joke

1 - 20 of 46 Posts