F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
724 Posts
Looks like a cart I've assembled too many times on Full-Race's website.

Just never had the commitment to click that last button.

· Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,866 Posts
  1. ACTUATOR KIT FOR GARRETT PMAX STAGE 1 - 5 PSI
    $0.00

2. Full-Race Formline 3.5L Gen1 EcoBoost F-150 Turbo Manifolds (2011-2016)
    FULL-RACE FORMLINE 3.5L GEN1 ECOBOOST F-150 TURBO MANIFOLDS (2011-2016)
    $999.99

3. 2011-2020 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Billet Turbo Adapter Kit
    2011-2020 F150 3.5L ECOBOOST BILLET TURBO ADAPTER KIT
    $249.99

4. Full Race 2011 - 2016 3.5L Ecoboost F150 Turbo Installation Kit *For Use With Full Race Billet Turbo Adapter Kit

FULL RACE 2011 - 2016 3.5L ECOBOOST F150 TURBO INSTALLATION KIT *FOR USE WITH FULL RACE BILLET TURBO ADAPTER KIT
    $199.99

5. Actuator Kit for Garrett PMax Stage 1 - 5 psi

ACTUATOR KIT FOR GARRETT PMAX STAGE 1 - 5 PSI
    $0.00

6. Garrett PowerMax 2011-2016 3.5L F150 EcoBoost Stage 1 Bolt-On Twin Turbo Upgrade
    GARRETT POWERMAX 2011-2016 3.5L F150 ECOBOOST STAGE 1 BOLT-ON TWIN TURBO UPGRADE
    F-150 ECOBOOST 2013-2016 +$1,941.80
    $1,941.80
CART SUBTOTAL
$3,391.77

Does that look like a complete list of parts I'll need?
Looks as though you have all the right parts there. One thing I’m not seeing, and maybe it’s in there are new bolts to mount the turbo to the manifold. But maybe they are in there. Otherwise all you’ll need is some new coolant, new oil because you’ll have to drain the oil and coolant, and when you disconnect the lines from the turbos it will make a mess, and hopefully that kit comes with all the proper seals needed to put in the block and on each feed and drain tube.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks everyone. I spoke with my local mechanic this morning. He said he could do the install but he would have to find someone to do the tune. He said I might be able to get one emailed from Full Race? If I cannot get one from there, where would I look?

· Moderstrator
3,054 Posts
Thanks everyone. I spoke with my local mechanic this morning. He said he could do the install but he would have to find someone to do the tune. He said I might be able to get one emailed from Full Race? If I cannot get one from there, where would I look?
Start here! Custom Tuning Companies

· Registered
301 Posts
  1. ACTUATOR KIT FOR GARRETT PMAX STAGE 1 - 5 PSI
    $0.00

2. Full-Race Formline 3.5L Gen1 EcoBoost F-150 Turbo Manifolds (2011-2016)
    FULL-RACE FORMLINE 3.5L GEN1 ECOBOOST F-150 TURBO MANIFOLDS (2011-2016)
    $999.99

3. 2011-2020 F150 3.5L EcoBoost Billet Turbo Adapter Kit
    2011-2020 F150 3.5L ECOBOOST BILLET TURBO ADAPTER KIT
    $249.99

4. Full Race 2011 - 2016 3.5L Ecoboost F150 Turbo Installation Kit *For Use With Full Race Billet Turbo Adapter Kit

FULL RACE 2011 - 2016 3.5L ECOBOOST F150 TURBO INSTALLATION KIT *FOR USE WITH FULL RACE BILLET TURBO ADAPTER KIT
    $199.99

5. Actuator Kit for Garrett PMax Stage 1 - 5 psi

ACTUATOR KIT FOR GARRETT PMAX STAGE 1 - 5 PSI
    $0.00

6. Garrett PowerMax 2011-2016 3.5L F150 EcoBoost Stage 1 Bolt-On Twin Turbo Upgrade
    GARRETT POWERMAX 2011-2016 3.5L F150 ECOBOOST STAGE 1 BOLT-ON TWIN TURBO UPGRADE
    F-150 ECOBOOST 2013-2016 +$1,941.80
    $1,941.80
that's the whole enchilada. the 2 other parts to consider are intercooler and radiator (since youre draining coolant and pulling apart the turbo plumbing) but not mandatory

there are some great options available for a tune that be easily installed from the SCT device. if it helps - MPT tunes a lot of our customers with this identical setup.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
that's the whole enchilada. the 2 other parts to consider are intercooler and radiator (since youre draining coolant and pulling apart the turbo plumbing) but not mandatory

there are some great options available for a tune that be easily installed from the SCT device. if it helps - MPT tunes a lot of our customers with this identical setup.
Man ya'll rock! That list is great. So if I choose MPT they just email me a tune? (I've never done this before) Then I just give it to the mechanic along with the parts?
OH! Speaking of mechanic...yeah I need one in Houston/Spring area. My buddy had this other guy do a brake job and he goofed it so I'm not trusting this to him. Any recommendations in that arena?

· Premium Member
5,244 Posts
Man ya'll rock! That list is great. So if I choose MPT they just email me a tune? (I've never done this before) Then I just give it to the mechanic along with the parts?
OH! Speaking of mechanic...yeah I need one in Houston/Spring area. My buddy had this other guy do a brake job and he goofed it so I'm not trusting this to him. Any recommendations in that arena?
You would just need to order a tuning device (like a SCT X4) and tunes from the MPT site. Once the parts are installed (they can run 100% on your stock tune, just you don't get anymore power), you would work with MPT to load the tune via the device, do some datalogging with the device and then they will make adjustments as needed.
@snakebitten May have a good tech in the Houston area.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You would just need to order a tuning device (like a SCT X4) and tunes from the MPT site. Once the parts are installed (they can run 100% on your stock tune, just you don't get anymore power), you would work with MPT to load the tune via the device, do some datalogging with the device and then they will make adjustments as needed.
@snakebitten May have a good tech in the Houston area.
Still so many questions. I will reach out to @snakebitten thanks!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Welcome aboard!
You didn't mention what year your truck is. :)
Hi Snakebitten! I can't figure out how to DM you so I'll ask here? Do you know a qualified mechanic in the Houston / Spring area that can do this install and tuning?

I just pulled the trigger on the parts. I'm looking at the MPT tunes but I don't know what I'm looking at. Please help? I'll put you on the Christmas card list?

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,249 Posts
4th largest city in America.
And I have YET to hear anyone recommend anyone for Ecoboost repairs.

I'm sure with 6 or 7 million residents in the surrounding area that there's gotta be some GREAT Ecoboost knowledge and skills. But I don't know about any of them.

And I'm ALL EARS

· Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Which is so odd considering it was easy to find recommendations for the Miata and the Porsche. Both are teeny tiny niches compared to the THE LAND OF THE F150 😎

· Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Lol
That doesn't sound like me.

It's just me saying that I have had Ecoboost trucks for years and count myself fortunate to not having a single serious issue that would require an expert. Because I would either have to drive over to Louisiana or Chicago to get it fixed. :)

I'm trying to remember what I read here once regarding an Ecoboost'r vouching for his mechanic in Louisiana.
Chicago is Brian with Ford Tech makuloco. Which DOES work on Texas trucks. They are in his videos. That speaks loudly in so many ways.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Lol
That doesn't sound like me.

It's just me saying that I have had Ecoboost trucks for years and count myself fortunate to not having a single serious issue that would require an expert. Because I would either have to drive over to Louisiana or Chicago to get it fixed. :)

I'm trying to remember what I read here once regarding an Ecoboost'r vouching for his mechanic in Louisiana.
Chicago is Brian with Ford Tech makuloco. Which DOES work on Texas trucks. They are in his videos. That speaks loudly in so many ways.
Oh. Got it. Well maybe you can still help me? Should I install a cold air intake along with the turbos? If I read it right, the CAI might mess up the tune if not accounted for?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Oh. Got it. Well maybe you can still help me? Should I install a cold air intake along with the turbos? If I read it right, the CAI might mess up the tune if not accounted for?
SO, I'm going to read more before asking another question. CAI is a bad idea apparently. Ecoboost already has it. Waste of money. Got it.

· Moderstrator
3,054 Posts
Ask away! That’s the fun part of the forum.
But I do highly recommend the search functionality.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts