F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. Just bought an FX4 and after reading some of the awesome ideas on here I am pretty excited. I have already experimented with plasti dip and did my wife's wheels on her Ecoboost Escape and am planning to do mine this weekend. Since I had a little daylight after work decided to paint a little on my brakes. photo(10).JPG photo(11).JPG photo(12).JPG

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Those brakes look great!

SPPD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, jonrjen you are absolutely right. I am always about the little details. Painted the Rear brakes tonight and I would say total time for all 4 combined was maybe 3 and half hours. Next is to plasti dip the wheels, gonna have to figure out how to keep the lugs from tearing it first though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
photo(15).JPG photo(16).JPG Finished Plasti-Dipping Wheels this weekend, I highly recommend this stuff. However, ask questions before you start I did have some trial and error with this stuff. No worries though if you mess up you can just peel it off and start again. I have it down to a science now though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. I recently dip'd my wheels and could not belive how easy it was.
Thanks man, yeah the first set I did was my wife's escape and removed them to do it. I made the mistake of shooting too thick into the lug holes and tore it when I went to put them back on. So when I did mine, I shot them on the truck and absolutely no issues. Took maybe 1 hour total for all 4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
jpaustin87
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing