F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my truck this morning and when I started it blew out white smoke out the exhaust. It went away after pulling out of the driveway. Any thoughts on what this could be? No engine service light yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most vehicles will blow out a little white smoke, condensation really, during a cold start in the morning especially if it’s on the cooler side outside.(nothing to worry about)
Now if your talking about a cloud of white smoke your looking at either burning coolant or oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the answer... it was 70 degrees this morning so wasn’t cold. Defiantly was a cold of smoke something I could see out of my side mirror while back out

·
Registered
2013 F150 Screw 3.5L Ecoboost
94 Posts
Did you notice a distinct smell of fuel on cold start? Did you notice an irregularly long crank time? Did you notice a stumbling idle at all?

Also, you should definitely check your oil and coolant levels to see if anything is irregularly dropping. Like MtMorris said, on a cool day or especially in winter you will have a lot of vapor come out of the exhaust due to condensation, but if it was 70 degrees you probably wouldn't really experience that too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts