F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I searched first and found numerous threads in regards to 2010-2012 but not 2013. I was in the process of installing a Roush Mechanical Boost gauge and vent pod, but when it came to t-ing in the supply hose the vacuum / boost line in passenger side rear used on the 2010-2012 doesn't exists on the 2013. That port in the intake is actually molded close. Any tips or pointers from other member that have installed a mechanical gauge on a 2013 would be gladly appreciated

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks like there really isn't anyone here that has had any experience with this. Sorry man.

Reactions: ta2darcangel

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm about to buy one, You ever figure this out?

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I haven't bought one for this very reason. Don't know how to install it myself and don't wanna pay too much for someone else to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an Edge monitor which follows 5 things a once. I use it for boost, head temp, throttle position, volts, and water temp. Plugs into the OB. Boost seems a little high at 5 idling when warmed up. I miss EGT.......J.D.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 2013 does not have the same access port as the 2011/2012s. On the 2013s, simply "T" into one of the 2 hoses that are on the left (driver's) side of the engine at the intake chamber.

I used a universal "T" fitting because you need larger size for the OEM hose than you need for the vacuum hose that runs to the gauge.

Trust me, it works fine. Mine has been working great for 6months.

Here's a photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Edge monitor which follows 5 things a once. I use it for boost, head temp, throttle position, volts, and water temp. Plugs into the OB. Boost seems a little high at 5 idling when warmed up. I miss EGT.......J.D.
Are you saying 5lbs of boost at idle?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 2013 does not have the same access port as the 2011/2012s. On the 2013s, simply "T" into one of the 2 hoses that are on the left (driver's) side of the engine at the intake chamber.

I used a universal "T" fitting because you need larger size for the OEM hose than you need for the vacuum hose that runs to the gauge.

Trust me, it works fine. Mine has been working great for 6months.

Here's a photo:
anyone find better place to tee into or is this the best spot

·
Registered
83 Posts
well after finding no help I can tell you the gauge is in and I used the same vac line as posted I did have flutter and cut the stock tee fitting that has a restrictor in it and put it in the vac line going to the gauge works perfect

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
the gauge needle would move around if I was not pushing on the gas I had seen people posting this problem when tapping into that line

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Bumping this, I ordered a gauge and wondering if anybody tapped into a different source. Second where does the vacuum line come out of after its routed in the vent, I'll be putting mine in the center/left vent.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You can route the line and wire between the vent and the duct, it's a little tight but it will work.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts