F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So,

I'm not the best at taking videos, but I figured this would help anyone who wants to buy the stage two intake.
If you've driven the 2013 EB, or any other you know how quiet the ride is, no audio adjustments were made. Just hold and record.
There's four videos in this one, on my channel you can view the four separate if you would like.

I hope this helps!
Please note, some parts of the video I was on and off the throttle so you can here what happens and the turbo action.
No other mods have been done to this truck besides the intake.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the post! I had trouble finding a video of just an intake on youtube. Would you say the turbos are more audible? Any noticeable power or mpg improvements?

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
The intake breathing combined with the BOV is sick...my Airaid is similar, but possibly not as loud.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the post! I had trouble finding a video of just an intake on youtube. Would you say the turbos are more audible? Any noticeable power or mpg improvements?
You can definitely here the turbos more...when you go high RPMS or if you push the gas all the way in and then let go you'll here the BOV. Kind of like stop and go quickly.
Day to day driving I haven't really noticed it at all. It's fine on the highway. City MPGS went up about 1 total.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Awesome! Sounds EXACTLY like my truck. Cause this the same only thing that I have done. Now with all that more air pressure you are sucking, it would be in my best advice that you look into redoing your exhaust. From what I have read, ford put the 5.0L exact exhaust on these lil turbos. VERY restricting. &'very restricting with our added intake. I myself have been sold on the heartthrob but I am waiting to hear back from stage 3 on the new Solo dual exhaust. Also question, when you put on throttle I noticed your instant fuel line went down then back up when you let off. Weird. When I idle its @ 40 then when I step on the gas it goes down then up.

·
Registered
868 Posts
you dont want to unhook the blowoff line and vent it to atmosphere with these trucks they are Mass Air and you will get some crazy fuel ratio spikes if you dump to atmosphere !

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
you dont want to unhook the blowoff line and vent it to atmosphere with these trucks they are Mass Air and you will get some crazy fuel ratio spikes if you dump to atmosphere !
Is that what they mean by running lean? I wonder if the people that have done this have had issues? Would 2 $130 turbosmart BOV be worth it? Noise reason.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Actually they are using MAP not MAF...
Vent to atmosphere is ok unless your truck has a MAF.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Actually they are using MAP not MAF...
Vent to atmosphere is ok unless your truck has a MAF.
Can google verify this. I have had both conversations & I want to know what's up. This thread is peaking my very blown interest

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Can google verify this. I have had both conversations & I want to know what's up. This thread is peaking my very blown interest
Right after your air filter, is that a mass air sensor in your intake?

If not, vent to atmosphere all you want.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Googling. Found this on f150forum -

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I'm not sure why it's labeled MAF in the Ford database. They are definitley not MAF's.

-Rick

In my mind I agree 100%. I think of a MAF and I think "Screen type" like what Mitsubishi uses. I haven't looked at the sensor itself in the intake, but I would assume it is just a IAT more than anything. That is why on the AFE Stage 2 intake they can split the intake tracks without causing a lean issue.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome! Sounds EXACTLY like my truck. Cause this the same only thing that I have done. Now with all that more air pressure you are sucking, it would be in my best advice that you look into redoing your exhaust. From what I have read, ford put the 5.0L exact exhaust on these lil turbos. VERY restricting. &'very restricting with our added intake. I myself have been sold on the heartthrob but I am waiting to hear back from stage 3 on the new Solo dual exhaust. Also question, when you put on throttle I noticed your instant fuel line went down then back up when you let off. Weird. When I idle its @ 40 then when I step on the gas it goes down then up.

Hmm it always does that. Full throttle it goes way down, but assuming you're not at a dead stop if I go off the gas it goes back up because it's crusing.
I'm working on the exaust! Haha, I'm running out of money quick with everything I want to do (RaptorRetro HIDS w/ 50w, Homelink in visor, exaust, charge pipe, speakers) haha. Maybe I'll win that 400 mill powerball. Then I PROMISE to give back to this awesome community. Mark my words! ;)

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Hmm it always does that. Full throttle it goes way down, but assuming you're not at a dead stop if I go off the gas it goes back up because it's crusing.
I'm working on the exaust! Haha, I'm running out of money quick with everything I want to do (RaptorRetro HIDS w/ 50w, Homelink in visor, exaust, charge pipe, speakers) haha. Maybe I'll win that 400 mill powerball. Then I PROMISE to give back to this awesome community. Mark my words! ;)
As a Canadian I would get 70% of it. & another 15% with paperwork @ the border. Dang I shoulda bought a ticket when I filled up south today ;).

& the throttle thing makes no sense. When I'm in motion. Say 80 kilometres an hour. Cruising. It would show me my fuel economy, 12-13 litres per 100 kilometres. When I let off the throttle, it goes down to show that no fuel is being used excessively. Then when I punch it, it goes up towards the 40 to tell me the I'm throwing $$$$ out the exhaust. Hmm. Weird. If I can figure out a video I will show u

& your mods sound Awesome !!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As a Canadian I would get 70% of it. & another 15% with paperwork @ the border. Dang I shoulda bought a ticket when I filled up south today ;).

& the throttle thing makes no sense. When I'm in motion. Say 80 kilometres an hour. Cruising. It would show me my fuel economy, 12-13 litres per 100 kilometres. When I let off the throttle, it goes down to show that no fuel is being used excessively. Then when I punch it, it goes up towards the 40 to tell me the I'm throwing $$$$ out the exhaust. Hmm. Weird. If I can figure out a video I will show u

& your mods sound Awesome !!!

Well this is just odd. Is yours a 2013? Here's what that line represents in my truck-->miles per gallon based on throttle usage. So If I'm crusing down the interstate at 65 MPH it'll show me my MPG is around 23-4 (that's where the top of the green bar will be). If I SLAM on the gas that green bar will go WAY down to show that I'm "thowing $$$$ out the exgaust" haha thus it says my MPG's are like 5-6 MPG when I slam the gas because the green bar is so low.

Does that make any sense at all? Man, what is going on! haha

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Well this is just odd. Is yours a 2013? Here's what that line represents in my truck-->miles per gallon based on throttle usage. So If I'm crusing down the interstate at 65 MPH it'll show me my MPG is around 23-4 (that's where the top of the green bar will be). If I SLAM on the gas that green bar will go WAY down to show that I'm "thowing $$$$ out the exgaust" haha thus it says my MPG's are like 5-6 MPG when I slam the gas because the green bar is so low.

Does that make any sense at all? Man, what is going on! haha
2012 XLT but Canadian. So maybe cause its kilometres. Tomorrow I will convert to standard measurement & see what it does. This is weird eH

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2012 XLT but Canadian. So maybe cause its kilometres. Tomorrow I will convert to standard measurement & see what it does. This is weird eH
Hahahaha. Mind = blown. I can't wait to get off work and drive my truck, and make sure I'm not going insane. I'm like 99.99999 percent sure that's how it reads. But now you have me thinking. It's like when someone asks you how to spell a word, and of course you know it, but then you compeltely forget and write it down and it doesn't look right. Then...you google. -_-

Pedal to the metal=low green bar. Free crusing=green bar up all the way (unless I'm stopped)..obviously.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
Hahahaha. Mind = blown. I can't wait to get off work and drive my truck, and make sure I'm not going insane. I'm like 99.99999 percent sure that's how it reads. But now you have me thinking. It's like when someone asks you how to spell a word, and of course you know it, but then you compeltely forget and write it down and it doesn't look right. Then...you google. -_-

Pedal to the metal=low green bar. Free crusing=green bar up all the way (unless I'm stopped)..obviously.
I just found a video on my phone where I was timing a 0-60 & seeing how mush rpm I could go to get the turbos spinning before my wheels would break. How do I get it (video) on here?

O it's green bar all way up cause I was WOT

1 - 20 of 40 Posts