F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just purchased this truck a couple weeks ago and am looking to purchase wheels and tires for it, as well as levelling kit. Just wanted your opinion on what set up (wheel and tire size) would work and look best. (First time truck owner!) #newtothegame

Thanks!

image-3899985299.jpg

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the Rancho Quick Lift front level kit (9 way adjustable). I also added the Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks (9 way adjustable). I'm very happy with this set up. It's nice because you can turn the adjustment knob to adjust from the softest to the firmest settings. I'm still running factory wheels, but added Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain 33x12.5x20 tires. There's room to run 35" tires, however the added weight/size will also lower your mpg even more.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Welcome to the Forum first off.

I also went with the Ranch Quick Lift with the 9 way adjustable settings. Nice thing about the Ranch QL is that it is an easy install that can be done in your driveway in less than a couple of hours and really involves nothing more than removing and replacing a few bolts and nuts to install.

Tires and wheels are more of a personal choice, I am sticking with my FX4 factory tires and wheels for now. You may be surprised at how much your old tires and wheels are worth on the secondary market $1,000 to $1,300 depending on your location.

My add on items since purchasing a few months ago have included window and sunroof tint, mud flaps, RV tow brackets and lights, rear receiver hitch step, under the tailgate light strip, AFE Scorcher, SCT tuner, contoured floor mats front and rear, carpet dash cover, between console and seat holster, ScanGaugeII, spray in bed liner, hard folding tonneau cover, AirLift air bags, lower intercooler grill, poly stuffed the sub-woofer, electric tail gate lock, and have my Gibson exhaust still in the box waiting to install. If feel I'm forgetting a few things, but I'm getting older and the memory tends to play tricks on older folks sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I run the Hell Bent Steel 2" level. It's very simple and just a shock spacer. Not as fancy as the Rancho QL but it has a very "stock feeling" ride.

Tires: personal opinion. Street / performance tires... A/T... M/T.. It's all what you feel is best. I went with Nitto trail Grapplers which are M/T and look very aggressive, but have a shorter tread life.

Wheels: whatever you like. EXTREMELY personal choice. Tires can be based off performance but unless you're rock climbing, racing, or extreme Offroad, wheels are cosmetic additions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts